All-Star Scoresheets - Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you think with this scoring system, order can affect placement then? Maybe if you were the first one in the division to go they would place you in the middle leaving room for improvement. Or after many teams the standards that the are rating the teams change?

Yes. Which is why they split divisions. Too large a division and the scoresheet breaks down.

At Cheersport, I was confused by the scoring. Our International team had alsmost the exact same score as our Restricted 5 team day one, seperated by about .2. The International team had very low difficulty and had half our team dancing on the wrong counts (myself included:oops:) All stunts hit. Our Restricted team competed with a stunt bobble and a flip not go in the pyramid and everything else was spot on, like perfection. It made no sense.

keep in mind though that ioc5 had all jumps to back and much more tumbling. and yes less difficulty of stunts, but more stunts.

Think it is safe to say that their scoring system is a very flawed one, that brings in lots of questions. I think the worlds division scoring was very questionable this year and left a lot of people wondering how scores could add up. Also don't like a scoring system that if you have a good first day, you could implode day 2 and still win your division.

What do they put a sticky note on all those scoresheets saying add points because you messed it up yesterday? or just supposed to magically remember through all the 300 other teams their watching? or nothing at all?

No, they (EP, judges coordinators, etc.) talk to the coaches and program directors of the gyms that inquire as to the scoring and TELL them this. It's not the first year it has happened. It's just part of the "sport". I didn't post to complain...I just know it has been said at least the past three years to several different gyms. No need for sarcasm. Just a fact.

Back