All-Star Senior Elite At The Democrat National Convention?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We were huge political junkies when I was in high school. We would wait for days for the pony express to bring political news.

Anyway, I'm guessing the Democrat Party invited them because CEA Senior Elite will probably draw a bigger crowd than the 2012 ticket.
Bahahahahaha! As a US History teacher you might just be my new best friend! I think this is a cool thing, especially if they get any air time...maybe we'll actually get to see the entire routine rather than excerpts and I'll just bet the DNC has commentators who can do a better job than the worlds ones! I think all that because it's a positive thing for the sport to be recognized in a big event like this.

Ceacoach are you going to have a spring floor and be able to do the real deal or is this just a stunt exhibition type thing?

Either way, i'm pretty sure unless they come out wearing "Obama Rocks my Spankies" blinged out in their uniforms they're making exactly NO political statement whatsoever other than...

..."hey! You thought we'd have Pom Poms.....think again!"

I'm not part of the Teal Army, but I say this is awesome for them, and PR for the sport.

REPRESENT SE!

Either way, i'm pretty sure unless they come out wearing "Obama Rocks my Spankies" blinged out in their uniforms they're making exactly NO political statement whatsoever other than...

..."hey! You thought we'd have Pom Poms.....think again!"

I'm not part of the Teal Army, but I say this is awesome for them, and PR for the sport.

REPRESENT SE!

This>>>> if every person that preformed at a political function, a lot of public schools in the DMV would have political affiliations

As a high schooler in an area where the Prez visits various schools in the area (one twice, for the back to school speech), many students don't see it as a political thing. It was just cool. His speeches weren't even politically charged. The fact that he is the president, inviting world champions in the area, including cheer, I think that this is just in spirit of getting recognition, especially pre-Olympics. He is still president, and has to/can do somethings that aren't based on his reelection. This isn't about CEA making a political stance, it's just a performance.

That's the only I'd see it as... :confused: I wouldn't welcome him, and, especially at my school, nor would anyone else. Even if his speech wasnt "politically charged."

Anyways, away from the political argument, good for SE. Congrats to them. It's an awesome opportunity.

That's the only I'd see it as... :confused: I wouldn't welcome him, and, especially at my school, nor would anyone else. Even if his speech wasnt "politically charged."

Anyways, away from the political argument, good for SE. Congrats to them. It's an awesome opportunity.

Trust me, i have friends who aren't pro Obama, and so those kids are allowed to opt out. But even that being said, during the back to school speech, only 3 kids didn't come out.

Trust me, i have friends who aren't pro Obama, and so those kids are allowed to opt out. But even that being said, during the back to school speech, only 3 kids didn't come out.
You gotta be pretty stout against the sitting president to give up trading out some class time for a speech you may or may not be interested in. Even the ones that aren't pro-bama would want to a) get out of class and b) hear it themselves to start tweeting their own "Hardball" reactions.

You gotta be pretty stout against the sitting president to give up trading out some class time for a speech you may or may not be interested in. Even the ones that aren't pro-bama would want to a) get out of class and b) hear it themselves to start tweeting their own "Hardball" reactions.

They really base their political views by parents. The back to school speech was on the first day. It garnered a lot of attention, locally and nationally.

They really base their political views by parents. The back to school speech was on the first day. It garnered a lot of attention, locally and nationally.
I'm aware of this as both a US History teacher that used to teach politics and government and as a current high school principal that gets to deal with the fallout from parents when the president decides he wants every public school in the nation to listen to his speech.

You think cheer moms get nuts.....I got stories.

I'm aware of this as both a US History teacher that used to teach politics and government and as a current high school principal that gets to deal with the fallout from parents when the president decides he wants every public school in the nation to listen to his speech.

You think cheer moms get nuts.....I got stories.

I just wanted to give you a better idea of what speech I was talking about! He recently visited another school in the county, and we get a lot of flack for the visits we get, but many think it's cool. And i guess my point is that a political figure national or local, eating at your restaurant, visiting your school or inviting your group/organization, doesn't mean your affiliated with the party (unless you're donating money). SE is not the first nor the last.

I just wanted to give you a better idea of what speech I was talking about! He recently visited another school in the county, and we get a lot of flack for the visits we get, but many think it's cool. And i guess my point is that a political figure national or local, eating at your restaurant, visiting your school or inviting your group/organization, doesn't mean your affiliated with the party (unless you're donating money). SE is not the first nor the last.
Agreed. I understood your point. The governor decided to drop in on the middle school I was principal of a few years ago, that doesn't mean we did or did not support her politics or the speech she gave to the student body. And regardless of anyone's political opinion it was an honor to have the governor decide she wanted to drop in on my school...even if it was during lunch :)

Thread Hijack alert.

I'm aware of this as both a US History teacher that used to teach politics and government and as a current high school principal

I'm a huge political junkie. Majored in Political Science with minors in business and English. As much of my major that I could take as history I did.

One of my all time favorite college classes was a joint science/history class. It met on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Tuesday, the science teacher would spend 90 minutes talking about an experiment or discovery in detail. On Thursday, the history teacher would lecture about the world and politics around the time of the specific experiment or discovery. Loved that class.

I think this thread is proof. Though it may not be Cheer Extreme making a political stance, some will see what they want to see. As a coach I can say that never once have I had political views play into a practice or competition, so why do we care what there's are. To me, though it is on a grander scale, this is no different than gyms performing at festivals, parades, etc. etc. I think this is exactly what it is at face valid. Athletes in the NC area being asked to perform at a function in NC. And if it were a PR stunt to be recognized as a sport, I don't think it will do any more good than Worlds on ESPN or any other cheer on tv. We all know Courtney is a smart woman. What better PR to boost enrollment at your new Charlotte location is there, than to perform with some of your best athletes at a highly populated event.... in Charlotte? Congrats to them, but I think some are reading a little too deep into this.

Back