All-Star Since When Does Jam Charge A Spectator Fee?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hey. All I said was "See you tomorrow. It's free right? Because it's Jam?" :p

I know most charge, but that's kinda the point. That was one of the things that made Jam great. You didn't feel like they were trying to "get" you coming and going. And I like getting inside the event and not already being broke. Leaves money for t-shirts and stuff. It's still the same amount of money - just get it in the comp fee. That way when people get in they're like "Where's the stuff to buy???" not ":( I hope there's a drinking fountain somewhere."

It seems like everywhere I turn these companies are trying to price cheerleading out of the average person's budget.

(Like I said, I know $6 isn't much - trust me, I have $6 :rolleyes: , but if we pay that, I assure you next year it'll be $10. And these are 2 day comps if you want to see all the teams or if you have 2 kids competing). So for a family of 4, you're looking at $48. That's a lot different than free. And they raised to competition fee for the kids to compete too.

And to be clear, I'm supposed to pay $10 per person per day for SuperNationals AND pay for the Majors? Plus travel and hotel. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the Majors was $25? So for The Majors and Supernationals for the weekend it would be $45 per person? So for a family $180? correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going on memory. ASCheerMan how much is NCA for the weekend? Close? Because the caliber of teams is easily comparable, probably better. I'd rather go to that for that kind of money.

SuperNationals and the majors have lots of great teams. Woot. So does NCA - even more, in fact. Since my SuperNationals trip is getting more expensive by the second, give me one good reason I shouldn't take my money to NCA?

NCA Nationals is $35 for a 2day pass. And the Arena will be running Level 5 for nearly 13 hours straight on both Saturday and Sunday.

just out of curiosity, how much do they charge you to go to basketball games? I go to Providence College (another Big East school) and we're charged $7 per men's basketball games per game or $99 for season tickets.

I went to UMass and we didn't have to pay anything to go to to games (including hockey, which is probably out most popular sport - Hockey East). Just show our student ID. But then again we just moved up to 1A in football from 1AA and our basketball team hasn't made the NCAA tournament in about 20 years.

NCA Nationals is $35 for a 2day pass. And the Arena will be running Level 5 for nearly 13 hours straight on both Saturday and Sunday.

I also believe if you are a competitor competing - the registration fee for NCA is less then SuperNationals. So overall cost wise - NCA might be a better value.

Just a mom said that the competition fee for Jam Fest went up this year but I quickly tried to look it up yesterday and didn't find it.

Just-a-Mom how much is it this year?

This stinks because now CO's extended family won't come to Supernationals. $20 bucks to park each day + $10 per person per day = too much for just a couple of hours as they don't stay for the whole day. I guess we're spoiled because very few comps that we attend charge admission.

Just a mom said that the competition fee for Jam Fest went up this year but I quickly tried to look it up yesterday and didn't find it.

Teams (all fees are per person) ON-TIME FINAL
All-Star Team - HAS attended another JAMfest event in 2012-2013. $150.00 $155.00
All-Star Team - HAS NOT attending another JAMfest event in 2012-2013. $170.00 $175.00

Teams (all fees are per person) ON-TIME FINAL
All-Star Team - HAS attended another JAMfest event in 2012-2013. $150.00 $155.00
All-Star Team - HAS NOT attending another JAMfest event in 2012-2013. $170.00 $175.00

Thank you Ms T! So it went up $10 from last season. It was $140 last year.

Thanks again!

I went to UMass and we didn't have to pay anything to go to to games (including hockey, which is probably out most popular sport - Hockey East). Just show our student ID. But then again we just moved up to 1A in football from 1AA and our basketball team hasn't made the NCAA tournament in about 20 years.

Every other sport at PC is free, including men's and women's hockey. Men's basketball is all they charge for.

Every other sport at PC is free, including men's and women's hockey. Men's basketball is all they charge for.

Oh I see. Football might not actually be free for students now that they're playing their home games at Gillette stadium.

Confession time: that was complete hearsay - I heard it from someone else. A coach friend (I won't name just to be nice, but it was a coach, not a director/owner so I'm not sure 100% accurate) told me it went up $10? I thought I remembered it being in the $60-70 range for Live last year and this year it says $82. I heard numerous people saying things yesterday about increased costs and adding a spectator fee, but no one seemed to have any actual numbers.

Anyone can feel free to correct me - it wouldn't be the first (or last) time I'm wrong. But the general concensus seems to be that it went up.

I will say that as usual I loved it and had a great time. Live has always been my favorite comp (even with a smaller crowd :() so it was certainly worth $6. It's just sort of like if McDonald's suddenly started charging for ketchup. I love ketchup, so I'd pay it...but it's always been free so I'd be upset. :p

Thank you Ms T! So it went up $10 from last season. It was $140 last year.

Thanks again!

Sorry. Didn't see that she answered you. I only knew about JamLive because I had just talked about it with someone.

Back