Skirts Vs Shorts? Half Tops Vs Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Half tops are a signature for all star cheer. Full tops are very high school like. I think some teams can pull off the skirts, f5, but I think the skirts are much more classy looking.

Mind you im not very skinny im a heavier cheerleader i like half tops and shorts. i am very self conscious of my self but overall i like them better. I didmt like skirts cause they turned and came up and it didnt look clean. Shorts mine not very fitted so they dont ride up, and they are more uniformed and comfortable. As for tops i personally cant take teams with full tops as seriously because to me it looks like a high school team. I think half top gives the more allstar look.

I think shorts are only cute on people with the figure for them. I've seen some girls with bad love handles and the shorts squeeze them. its BAD. very bad. I think skirts are better. They're more 'cheerleader-y'.
On the tops, I think the same thing as the shorts. Crops are only cute on people that have the figure for it. At my gym our tops are a tiny bit longer than the usual right-below-your-sports-bra-barely-covering-you crop top, and you have a choice to get it longer or shorter. It gives the heavier girls a decision, and you can't even tell a difference.

I totally agree with you. I love skirt and giving the fact of giving a choice for the lenght of the tops .Like its still a uniform the same for every one and flattering on every one.Like I have like small really like ''like nearly no breast'' and a well rounded back area(lol) and my uniforme never EVER fits me because I can't choose the size I want .So its alway too large top or too small skirt. Honestly ,Props for your gym !!!

I think it completely depends on what's right for the team as a whole, but I often feel for the younger squads, a little bit less flesh should be shown. I have seen teams with teey tiny half tops and shorts on their youngest girls. I can't say I find them as classy on a baby. PLUS once you have had to rock out a routine with your skirt in a place it's not meant to be - you appreciate the cleaner uniforms so much more!

I prefer a little longer half top (cp is 9). I like the shorts much betterthan the skirts, but I think they could be 1-2" longer and still be very functional. The flashy colors under the skirts draw eyes where I would prefer them not to go.

I prefer a little longer half top (cp is 9). I like the shorts much betterthan the skirts, but I think they could be 1-2" longer and still be very functional. The flashy colors under the skirts draw eyes where I would prefer them not to go.

If you are talking about the shorts under the skirt with glitters or maching the uniform colors , I like them even if they flash .But i think the restriction for the lenght have to be reveiw.In Montreal, there's deduction only if the judges can see the rounder part of your butt.I think its too revealing !And I don't think judges eyes are seeing '' private part '' more than the amazing figure the flyer is pulling.Well I hope so...When you are cheering «butt» ,breast and other private body part shoudl not have a sexual connotation anymore .Just like in gymnastic or swimming . As atlheles and judges we should admire the humain body .It's strong and powerfull and it freaks me out to know that people might be thinking other way about it, when youngs girls are performing .In my opinion we shoudl learn showcase our body in a classy way ,not showing too much skin.(but glitters ,flashy colors and lace can be classy)

I am old school and do believe that the younger girls should be in full tops, yet I do think some of them are super cute in the half tops. I feel like so many kids are worried about their weight and what not that the uniform should not even be a factor.

I'm in love with the collegiate look of full length, long sleeve tops with shorts. Despite it's not 'typical cheerleader' look, it's so clean and athletic.

Not to intrude, but I know that a few gyms are using a new bottom, It's like a short/skirt hybrid and I think it's a good idea when done right, as for tops I would agree with most that it depends a lot on the figure of the said cheerleader. Not to speak for my own gym because that could be obnoxious, but if you look at ACX's videos on Youtube at BUTBT, I was shocked to see how amazing their uniforms looked on the floor. :D

Back