OT So Sharp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think Todd is more into the friendship with the trainer than the trainer is in to him. The trainer seems awkward and uncomfortable...and not best friend like. Maybe he's nervous around cameras

My real question is how real and how manufactured in the point spot drama. It reminds me a lot of Abby Lee's pyramid, which was created for the show...which kind of makes me think that while the point spot is coveted, it's still been dramatized for the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this show, it's a guilty pleasure.

What surprised me was that in the last episode, Todd owned the fact that he put his own feelings above the groups well being. He said that Rose was in the 4th row and she isn't a 4th row dancer. It was clear that it was b/c of the drama with Marissa. I know he has a million titles and they are reigning champs at NDA but if he continues to make placement decisions based on things other than dance ability/performance, he will start to lose those titles.

Yes and no.... What he did worked-Rose stepped up and pushed herself to do better to get out of the 4th row, which is what he was trying to do. For a simple basketball game performance, I thought it was effective. If it were Nationals I would bet my life he would never put his personal feelings over winning.

Looking at Louisville's past NDA performances, I wonder how they would do at UDA. Don't get me wrong they are amazing dancers and have a strong program but to me personally they seem to lack a certain polish.

Im glad its not just me. I mute or turn the tv because its weird.
The pool boy joke had me giving him the side-eye. Like, I know that Todd seems insecure about his looks and probably compares himself to trainer dude (forgot his name lol) but I sense an unrequited crush.

The way Gabi begs for Marissa's friendship is cringeworthy.

I wish they would point out that 20 girls do the basketball halftime show, but the others are still performing and doing additional activities. As it stands, it looks like they took twice as many girls as they need for drama purposes-or that they honestly expect half their dance team to be injured.

Can anyone educate me on how NDA works? I kind of assumed that it was like cheer-a single dance by a team in a given category, and I know some of the high schools that train at our gym have separate Pom and hip hop teams.
Maybe I didn't think anything of it because I'm familiar with collegiate sports, but this is pretty standard for collegiate cheer, so I'm sure it is for dance as well, especially for a team as competitive as Louisville. All collegiate sports carry a bench and not all travel, so I guess I didn't see the need to highlight it any more than it already is.
I'm not very familiar with dance, but have attended Nationals. There are 4 different divisions at NDA, but a team can only enter a maximum of two divisions. I would think your team roster may vary between the two divisions, so it's likely more than 20 are selected for mat for most schools.

Maybe I didn't think anything of it because I'm familiar with collegiate sports, but this is pretty standard for collegiate cheer, so I'm sure it is for dance as well, especially for a team as competitive as Louisville. All collegiate sports carry a bench and not all travel, so I guess I didn't see the need to highlight it any more than it already is.
I'm not very familiar with dance, but have attended Nationals. There are 4 different divisions at NDA, but a team can only enter a maximum of two divisions. I would think your team roster may vary between the two divisions, so it's likely more than 20 are selected for mat for most schools.
My roommate senior year was on the Carolina Girls (South Carolina's dance team) and that was the case. They had a handful of girls that were only in the hip-hop routine and a handful only in the division that combined pom, jazz and hip hop. (I'm blanking on the name of that division now, Open?)

They didn't even dance at all home football games. I think they only had to do three per season due to space limitations. Then freshman did women's home basketball and upperclassman rotated men's home basketball.

I know their two nationals routine varied this past nationals season. They had two males in the hip hop routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Ortiz would make this show about a 2397523 times better for me.

I lowkey stalked his instagram after I heard about the show and it doesn't appear that he's with them this year. I was disappointed.

Back