OT So Sharp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I thought I heard him say that he coached 3 of Marissa's sisters. So it sounds like he has known the family for quite a while.

What's the deal with him and that trainer?

According to this article...SO SHARP. | Extol Magazine

The trainer is a friend of his that is married to an ex-Ladybird he introduced him to. He also coached Marissa and Michelle from the age of 3, through Dazzlers, and into UofL. I think the article also talks about the % of Dazzlers that end up being Ladybirds.
I do respect the fact that he doesn't cut girls during tryouts (which would explain why Gabi is there). In either the Extol article or somewhere else he talks about how girls are hard enough on each other so if he sees a girl that works hard but doesn't have technique, he will take her anyway because of her ethic.
We literally count down the days until the next episode is on.

According to this article...SO SHARP. | Extol Magazine

The trainer is a friend of his that is married to an ex-Ladybird he introduced him to. He also coached Marissa and Michelle from the age of 3, through Dazzlers, and into UofL. I think the article also talks about the % of Dazzlers that end up being Ladybirds.
I do respect the fact that he doesn't cut girls during tryouts (which would explain why Gabi is there). In either the Extol article or somewhere else he talks about how girls are hard enough on each other so if he sees a girl that works hard but doesn't have technique, he will take her anyway because of her ethic.
We literally count down the days until the next episode is on.

This was such a great article. Really provided some insight into Todd's coaching & personality. And its pretty clear a LOT of the drama (at least regarding Todd) is staged for rating purposes.

Dear Gabi and Michelle,

Seat belts matter.

You're welcome,
A Concerned Mom

Otherwise I thought the episode was more of the same. Flu season sucks.

Not that it makes it ANY better. It bothered me SO MUCH I was hard eyeing the angle of the belts. It looks like they had them on and put the cross strap behind them. OR I am just trying to justify it in my head. I'm still years later miffed at the mom in the Twinkles documentary that had her kid with no seat belt stretching in the back of the car.... lack of seatbelt on bothers me that much :mad:

Not that it makes it ANY better. It bothered me SO MUCH I was hard eyeing the angle of the belts. It looks like they had them on and put the cross strap behind them. OR I am just trying to justify it in my head. I'm still years later miffed at the mom in the Twinkles documentary that had her kid with no seat belt stretching in the back of the car.... lack of seatbelt on bothers me that much :mad:
Also not trying to justify anything because I hate it when people don't wear seat belts, but something I learned the other day that blew my mind. There are about 20 states where it's not illegal for people in the back seat to not have a seat belt on. I can't remember all the states that were included in that. Not that it being legal should mean they shouldn't have it on (and properly) anyway.

I know VA is not on that list and I guess growing up with that being drilled into my head made hearing that on the news so weird to me.

I just watched the most recent 2 episodes over the weekend....

Todd's 'favoritism' for Marissa is horrid. Giving her the power to change choreo the week Rose was center to me was a big no-no. That girls attitude is TOXIC to the team environment IMHO.

Do you know if it can be watched online in Canada? I don't have cable so online is the only way for me to see it!

Do you know if it can be watched online in Canada? I don't have cable so online is the only way for me to see it!

I haven't been able to find it online, and I think Lifetime is several weeks behind the American feed. I tried an American IP address, but I don't have American credentials to log in. :( DH has been earning brownie points so I can watch

Also not trying to justify anything because I hate it when people don't wear seat belts, but something I learned the other day that blew my mind. There are about 20 states where it's not illegal for people in the back seat to not have a seat belt on. I can't remember all the states that were included in that. Not that it being legal should mean they shouldn't have it on (and properly) anyway.

I know VA is not on that list and I guess growing up with that being drilled into my head made hearing that on the news so weird to me.

Oklahoma is one of those, if you're an adult. I just had defensive driving a couple of weeks ago for work and they show a European seatbelt commercial where an adult in the backseat kills the driver and one passenger and paralyzes the last passenger in an accident, all from not having his on. Scary.

Oklahoma is one of those, if you're an adult. I just had defensive driving a couple of weeks ago for work and they show a European seatbelt commercial where an adult in the backseat kills the driver and one passenger and paralyzes the last passenger in an accident, all from not having his on. Scary.

The human wrecking ball---I think I've seen that before.

Seeing Eric made my heart happy.
Same, I had a silent freakout.

I just watched the most recent 2 episodes over the weekend....

Todd's 'favoritism' for Marissa is horrid. Giving her the power to change choreo the week Rose was center to me was a big no-no. That girls attitude is TOXIC to the team environment IMHO.
Love the fact that Rose still managed to keep center spot despite that, though.

Back