All-Star So Someone Suggested A Board Fundraiser

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
So someone suggested a board fundraiser. This place is decently expensive to keep running 'well'. We do a little bit of ads (not too many) and besides the google ads after first post try to keep them all cheer centric. Someone suggested having a paypal to accept donations. I can do a little one better. There is an upgrade facility that you can pay $10 bucks for a year to upgrade your account. What does the upgrade give you? Besides the warm fuzzies that your Fierce Board will say around, it gets rid of the google ads after the first post.

Does that seem like a good idea?

I honestly didn't notice the google ads until this thread. Maybe have an additional donation option with items purchased boardwide, like charging $20 for a $10 "worlds" shirt, and adding their name to a "donors" tab on here? Or maybe have someone design a "fierceboard" bow for donations? Just some ideas.

CheerNJ had a pay site. It allowed you to post in a members only section.

I honestly didn't notice the google ads until this thread. Maybe have an additional donation option with items purchased boardwide, like charging $20 for a $10 "worlds" shirt, and adding their name to a "donors" tab on here? Or maybe have someone design a "fierceboard" bow for donations? Just some ideas.
CheerNJ had a pay site. It allowed you to post in a members only section.

I don't want to block information. That is what keeps this site popular. Opinions are not for sale.

Payments have to be easy, one time, cheap. I think this makes the most sense.

I think that the t-shirt idea would be a cute one. Make a collage of EVERY gym's logo in the gym list in the wiki and write Fierceboard 2011 on the front or something? I would help pay for that. Maybe even charge a $10 shirt for $15. Also, when you order t-shirts in large bulk, they can be very cheap. Also, when the person pays, there can be a place where you put your size. Just a suggestion!

I think that the t-shirt idea would be a cute one. Make a collage of EVERY gym's logo in the gym list in the wiki and write Fierceboard 2011 on the front or something? I would help pay for that. Maybe even charge a $10 shirt for $15. Also, when you order t-shirts in large bulk, they can be very cheap. Also, when the person pays, there can be a place where you put your size. Just a suggestion!

that would be A LOT of logos :p
but i rele like the idea! would u need to get permission from ALL of the gyms tho? like to use their logo?
but i think its a great idea!

To make a decent amount of money of the shirts for the boards we would need to sell quite a bit. We sold shirts in the past (i think the final total was about 215 shirts) and it wasn't very fun. Also, you wouldn't be allowed to use the logo's of a lot of gyms without their permission since they are trademarked. And to compile all of the logos in one image for the back of a shirt would take forever. and there are so many gyms out there etc.

I'm all in favor of removing the google ads for $10. They have annoyed me since they started. But i make sure to click on them (as should all of you) so the board gets some money for them.

I feel like the t shirt would be a lot of work... and wouldn't that mean whoever is in charge of t shirts would have to reorder them every so often so all the new people got one? Or is this a one time, if you want a t shirt, get it now.

that would be A LOT of logos :p
but i rele like the idea! would u need to get permission from ALL of the gyms tho? like to use their logo?
but i think its a great idea!

Well someone could start a forum and if they wanted their gym's logo, or any, then they can talk to the gym themselves about using the logo on the shirt. Then, they could send proof to one of the admins

Well someone could start a forum and if they wanted their gym's logo, or any, then they can talk to the gym themselves about using the logo on the shirt. Then, they could send proof to one of the admins
Since there is no way to tell who is an actual representative from a program, you would need an email or signature from someone with authority at the gym.
it would be a minor headache for all involved.

To make a decent amount of money of the shirts for the boards we would need to sell quite a bit. We sold shirts in the past (i think the final total was about 215 shirts) and it wasn't very fun. Also, you wouldn't be allowed to use the logo's of a lot of gyms without their permission since they are trademarked. And to compile all of the logos in one image for the back of a shirt would take forever. and there are so many gyms out there etc.

I'm all in favor of removing the google ads for $10. They have annoyed me since they started. But i make sure to click on them (as should all of you) so the board gets some money for them.

Don't do this unless you plan on buying something! Kingston's AdSense account could be suspended by google for suspicious activity if they suspect he's asking users to just click on links. I mean, obviously not everyone clicking on a link is going to buy something, but if you're just clicking to try and help out, it can pose a problem.

Don't do this unless you plan on buying something! Kingston's AdSense account could be suspended by google for suspicious activity if they suspect he's asking users to just click on links. I mean, obviously not everyone clicking on a link is going to buy something, but if you're just clicking to try and help out, it can pose a problem.
i click on links for companies ive shopped at before. and actually look around the site.
and i have actually bought something from clicking on one of them before.

i click on links for companies ive shopped at before. and actually look around the site.
and i have actually bought something from clicking on one of them before.

Oh that's fine then. I thought you were advocating clicking ads just for the sake of clicking ads. That's not good.

Back