All-Star Spirit Fest Nationals (3/23 - 3/24/13)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

true!!
i was thinking maybe they could do what someone else said and level 5/6 will have to compete saturday night. although it will suck for a lot of people, it should be clear by then if it started at like 6

If what I've heard is true snow is not the only concern. I heard 40-50 mph winds which not only create problems with snow drifts but with power outages too. My guess is if the storm is as bad as they're saying then it's not out of the realm of possibilities that the state of emergency is still in effect Sunday morning.

They're rescheduling for mid-march.

Posted on twitter from Varsity - For the safety of you, your athletes and families we have RESCHEDULED SpiritFestNationals for Mid-March. Exact Date 3PM EST Tomorrow

If you need to cancel rooms by 6 do it now. I just heard the comp is not going on this weekend. Check with your coaches.

Wow I literally just got done packing... I'm not happy about this :banghead: there was a huge storm 2 years ago for the same competition and the competition still went on...

So happy to hear this. No sporting event is worth risking the lives of our children. Yes, you want to compete. Yes, you want to go to Worlds. But as parents we want you around for the long haul. God forbid! Then we'd be on here giving thoughts and prrayers and realizing how ridiculous it sounds. Special shout out to the teams who pulled out early! Our kids are much more important than a bid, a trophy or a jacket!!

Wow I literally just got done packing... I'm not happy about this :banghead: there was a huge storm 2 years ago for the same competition and the competition still went on...

I remember that, but it was nowhere near as bad as this storm is going to be. And it was during the day on Saturday so most people were already there (I drove that afternoon, yuck)

I think the reason why they had to cancel is because there is almost a 100% chance of a state of emergency this weekend, and from what I understand the convention center can not be open during a state of emergency. SpiritFest was in a no-win situation and given the circumstances I think this is the best decision they could have made. It stinks for the teams that were going for bids though:( Hoping they reschedule on a weekend we aren't already competing!

I think the reason why they had to cancel is because there is almost a 100% chance of a state of emergency this weekend, and from what I understand the convention center can not be open during a state of emergency. SpiritFest was in a no-win situation and given the circumstances I think this is the best decision they could have made. It stinks for the teams that were going for bids though:( Hoping they reschedule on a weekend we aren't already competing!

I was looking at the bid comps for march. NCA is 3/2, UCA and wildwood in NJ are 3/9. Canam is the weekend after that, but depending on convention center availability, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the weekend of the 16th. Maybe even the 9th, but they might lose some teams to UCA or wildwood

I was looking at the bid comps for march. NCA is 3/2, UCA and wildwood in NJ are 3/9. Canam is the weekend after that, but depending on convention center availability, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the weekend of the 16th. Maybe even the 9th, but they might lose some teams to UCA or wildwood
i'm hoping its the 16/17 so our gym could go! I know there aren't any "big" comps that weekend. The 9/10th is UCA and the 22/23 is return to atlantis, both two bigs competitions.

Back