All-Star Stunt For 2017-2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Personally I'd like to see less motions in stunts. Some teams spend an eight count just doing motions, when they could be doing more innovative stunts! Obviously sometimes the motions really do add to the stunt, but other times they just make the stunt seem very simple, but trying to be flashy.

I always think this same thing! There was an 8 count a worlds team had that involved motions 1234 and mess their hair around 5678. All while standing with a dead leg. Really?!

I really wish there was creative movement in stunts. I know (or at least am pretty sure) it's part of the score sheet, but I'm tired of seeing 5 flyers just standing there in extensions while the groups move to satisfy the scores.

I really wish there was creative movement in stunts. I know (or at least am pretty sure) it's part of the score sheet, but I'm tired of seeing 5 flyers just standing there in extensions while the groups move to satisfy the scores.
I'd like to see teams have an example: 5 stunts that have 2-seperate body positions. The 3 inside groups could do like heel tic-tock heel double down and do a show-n-go after that. The 2 outside groups do 1 1/2 or double up to scale dip down to prep and back up to extension and do lets say a needle (not the spike needle but the actual real needle), then to arabesque double down. then everyone reloads and does a 1/2 twist switch up scorpion double down.
Theres a team that did something like from worlds 08 called PrimeTyme Blackhawks and they did this type of thing for there elite stunts. It's on youtube.
(Does this make sense?)

More double-sided stunting, meaning I'd like to see good technique on the opposite side when doing tic-tocs.

It would be really nice for teams to stretch both sides, so we can have more innovative versions of tic-tocs than just doing a bent-leg heel-stretch. Like right-sided scorpions, scales, bow-and-arrows.

Definitely agree with this. I would like to not be able to tell if they're flying on their "bad" leg due to the all around terrible heel stretches. Waiting for a team to get scorps on both legs. the CREATIVITY.

AKA, arabesques that would have my ballet teacher screaming "YOU LOOK LIKE A DOG AT A FIRE HYDRANT!". It'd also be nice to see them without the chest dropped and the leg barely above a 90 degree angle. It's possible for the leg to go higher than that and not drop one's chest...
We need more of Team USA coed's arabesques.

I'm constantly wowed by the insane amount of creativity and innovation I see at every comp, at every level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm constantly wowed by how every all star routine I've seen in the last five years looks exactly like the one that performed right before it. "Oh they're doing another pyramid just like the last one, I bet dance is next!!!"

Waiting for teams to start doing front arabesques again (the only team I can think of who did this is Allstar Panthers and they did that back in 2006). Still waiting for someone to do a spike needle to a bow and arrow high to high (my team did near that as we did scorp. tic toc down to prep front stretch).

I'm trying to figure out what innovation you've seen every year? I haven't seen anything "wow" in all stars in at least five years.

I'd be interested to hear where you've seen new and inventive skills and routines since it's not allstar. Basically every cheer routine is set up in the same basic format with a few minor exceptions, regardless of wether it's college, high school, or allstar.
So I'm curious where you've seen things that "wow" you in the last 5 years, because I watch both HS and college nationals every year and they are MUCH more formulaic/cookie cutter than allstar IMO.

Last edited:
More double-sided stunting, meaning I'd like to see good technique on the opposite side when doing tic-tocs.

It would be really nice for teams to stretch both sides, so we can have more innovative versions of tic-tocs than just doing a bent-leg heel-stretch. Like right-sided scorpions, scales, bow-and-arrows.

You should look at cheer factory's (I think) level 2 what won summit. They did a scorp to scorp tick tock that half turned when they switched, it was EVERYTHING. I would love to see it catch on.
And I really liked LB's scale to scale.

Last edited:
Personally I'd like to see less motions in stunts. Some teams spend an eight count just doing motions, when they could be doing more innovative stunts! Obviously sometimes the motions really do add to the stunt, but other times they just make the stunt seem very simple, but trying to be flashy.
THIS. Can we also end overly sassy stunts? Sass should NOT take an entire 8 eight count.

Back