Summit Bid J5 Question...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are now 9 Y5 teams listed.... Looks like a gym took their Y4 to a Y5. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they are listed as a Level 4 team on the schedule from this last weekend.

If they never competed L5, then they do not get a bid.

ETA: Went and looked.... Never seen Louisiana team or University Cheer Force. Any other Y5 parents seen them?

Last edited:

ETA: Went and looked.... Never seen Louisiana team or University Cheer Force. Any other Y5 parents seen them?
No but I know UCF's has existed since the beginning of the year bc there was a lot of talk about them going from having an R5 last season to a Y5, J5, and Sr 5 this season and how it was impressive.

I literally just took the schedule out of my purse from this weekend. UCF are listed as a y4. *shrug*

Their Facebook page has them as a y5 in October for pictures. Maybe they decided to compete as y4 just for the weekend? Maybe hoping to get a paid bid??? Or another AL? Doesn't make a super lot of sense because there weren't any other y4s or y5s. Odd.

Their Facebook page has them as a y5 in October for pictures. Maybe they decided to compete as y4 just for the weekend? Maybe hoping to get a paid bid??? Or another AL? Doesn't make a super lot of sense because there weren't any other y4s or y5s. Odd.
Which comp was it?

Which comp was it?

PacWest in Portland.

Eta: I never actually saw a complete list of bid winners. From memory I could only come up with a partial list. I didn't attend more than two awards sessions, though.

I stalked a FBer on here and they had a y5 AL bid before Spirit Cheer. No clue if they won it, or were part of the y5 group given bids.

Eta: I'm more and more confused. I see posts saying their y4 got a bid and another saying their large y5. Lol! So, take my post with a grain of salt.

Agreed about confusion. The Y5 "community" is pretty small and increasingly close, as these girls really want to know each other. None of the places that keep up with it (Like the Youth5CheerKids IG account, or anyone I had seen in competition) had seen these kids as Y5 before.

This, I agree, is tough to swallow. If they were allowed to "move up" AFTER the announcement and get automatic bids, that is tough to defend. Heck, defending the Y5 automatic bids in the first place was hard unless you have one who benefited. If they truly competed beforehand, then they qualify by that declaration.

Side note: anyone happen to know whether these 2 new squads in Y5 are Large or Small??

The Louisiana team just announced on their Twitter last week that their Y4 is now a Y5 for the rest of the season. They were at NCA as a Y4. I admit it I did some stalking. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are all the other Y5 teams jumping on board to accept these new found at large bids? Just curious. As of this moment, my CP has no second plane ticket for Orlando...only for this weekend at UCA .

Back