All-Star Summit Hotel Rooms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well Varsity doesn't own Disney, so I don't think they can help how many rooms are available for them at the resorts.

Varsity could've chosen to hold The Summit somewhere else ... but then you can never have too many hopper passes in one season can you?

We were one of the last teams to get into a block at the all-star resort. We were told that they were moving (some or all) of the paid bids off site and then at-larges were a booked in at a first come, first serve basis. I just dont understand how they didn't plan for this accurately =/

That makes sense. We were told we were at Sports, and we just found out we were moved to Caribbean Beach. Interesting.

But once again, don't all the athletes get hopper passes with their registration? Again, putting expectations on friends and family to purchase hopper passes to take the athletes to disney to use their passes???
Yes. They're included for athletes and coaches. If you don't want your kid going to Disney unaccompanied, so you buy one, that's kind of on you.

Our girls are going to Worlds, but a lot of our parents are staying at the Bonnet Creek Resort. It is actually on Disney property, but not managed/owned by Disney. There are a few tour operators that specialize in this property and can get amazing deals. Vacation Strategy is the one we are using. The condos are beautiful and the grounds and pools are gorgeous.

Our girls are going to Worlds, but a lot of our parents are staying at the Bonnet Creek Resort. It is actually on Disney property, but not managed/owned by Disney. There are a few tour operators that specialize in this property and can get amazing deals. Vacation Strategy is the one we are using. The condos are beautiful and the grounds and pools are gorgeous.

We stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek when we went to Disney a few years ago. I highly recommend it. Just tell them when you check in that you are not interested in hearing about the timeshare.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek when we went to Disney a few years ago. I highly recommend it. Just tell them when you check in that you are not interested in hearing about the timeshare.

omg. When I went to Vegas we sat through one of those. :banghead: No, I do not have $84,000 to spend on it, and yes I know HOW GREAT OF A DEAL THAT IS.

Yes. They're included for athletes and coaches. If you don't want your kid going to Disney unaccompanied, so you buy one, that's kind of on you.
When we were there for UCA one of the kids teammates asked if she could tag along with us. Her mom didn't want her to not get to use her pass but she wasn't able to afford the park hopper herself.

Broke my heart. I don't know that either of them had been to disney and here her mom wasn't going to be able to enjoy it with her.

We found that entirely unacceptable. The DH marched over to the ticket booth and bought a hopper for mom. They actually stayed through Monday do she got the full three days from it :)

When we were there for UCA one of the kids teammates asked if she could tag along with us. Her mom didn't want her to not get to use her pass but she wasn't able to afford the park hopper herself.

Broke my heart. I don't know that either of them had been to disney and here her mom wasn't going to be able to enjoy it with her.

We found that entirely unacceptable. The DH marched over to the ticket booth and bought a hopper for mom. They actually stayed through Monday do she got the full three days from it :)

DH? I'm an idiot and don't know what that means. That's the best ending to the story ever, though! I guess I take for granted that the Summit will be my 11th time to Disney in 7 years. I used my hopper to get into the park for 3 hours of "fun" (aka waiting in a line) this last time. Disney gets old.

DH? I'm an idiot and don't know what that means. That's the best ending to the story ever, though! I guess I take for granted that the Summit will be my 11th time to Disney in 7 years. I used my hopper to get into the park for 3 hours of "fun" (aka waiting in a line) this last time. Disney gets old.
"Dear husband" and I'm with you. It was the third time there for us (first because of a cheer competition) and its already old. I'm not a giant fan of the mouse personally.

omg. When I went to Vegas we sat through one of those. :banghead: No, I do not have $84,000 to spend on it, and yes I know HOW GREAT OF A DEAL THAT IS.
I have stayed there a few times, and this particular property is pretty "soft sell". Additionally, because we are renting points from owners, we are pretty much left alone. And No, I do not have $84,000 to spend on it either ;)

I saw on the Varsity Summit page that Disney is sold out of group rooms and they are now asking team to apply for off -property housing. How does this happen when it doesn't appear that their isn't nearly as many teams registered as anticipated? Did they not block enough rooms? Is this typical for Disney competitions?

For what it's worth. At Worlds last year, my team was informed a week before the trip that they didn't have rooms for us, even though we had send in our info weeks before. We had to scramble to find arrangements, but a few days later they told us they were able to squeeze us in. So there is some precedent to this.

Back