All-Star Worlds And Summit Travel

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly no. They've cheered for me 2 years, not a single issue, late payment, clueless moment until this one! The problem was that it was a divorced family. She thought he took care of it, he thought she did. If I would have bet on which kids family this text would have come from they would have been way down on the list. My money would have gone to the parents that went to the wrong STATE to pick their daughter up from camp last summer. That was a first for sure! It baffles me how clueless some parents are.
As a parent, I would make sure CP had travel plans before I told the coach i forgot to make arrangements. No way would I put that stress on the coach!

Just so y'all know- I do not like paying through the gym. I much rather make my own arrangements. I was just putting out their rules. To top it off.. They are adding "travel cost" into our comp fees for next season. Any comp requiring flight. Insert eye roll here. I think my wallet and myself are just basically numb at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so y'all know- I do not like paying through the gym. I much rather make my own arrangements. I was just putting out their rules. To top it off.. They are adding "travel cost" into our comp fees for next season. Any comp requiring flight. Insert eye roll here. I think my wallet and myself are just basically numb at this point

I saw that the first time you posted and couldn't comment at that moment but.............I honestly don't know one person who's program's do that. It's a very odd situation to me.

So since the discussion is worlds and summit travel, do you mind if I ask what happens when someone pay's in advance all the fee's to say, go to worlds.....then......something happens and their kid is no longer on the team? What happens to that money?

I'm thinking your wallet should be saying Lets look for a realistic program.

I'll beg the travel fee collected is also an undisclosed amount which the gym is probably going to make some good money on.

@mstealtoyou I'm going out on a limb and guessing the gym will just pocket that money.

**Silly owner, that's NOT how the big gyms really do it**

I'll beg the travel fee collected is also an undisclosed amount which the gym is probably going to make some good money on.

@mstealtoyou I'm going out on a limb and guessing the gym will just pocket that money.

Gosh, I hope not. That would be criminal to me.

Depends the situation- if you're replaced - the alternate "takes" your money like at any other comp. I'm glad to know this is craziness because everyone at this gym looked at me like I was nuts for speaking up against it. It's a solid gym. I've had no issues. They stick to the laws. No favoritism. We win (knock on wood). My daughter loves it. This all flight thing really ticks me off though

Depends the situation- if you're replaced - the alternate "takes" your money like at any other comp. I'm glad to know this is craziness because everyone at this gym looked at me like I was nuts for speaking up against it. It's a solid gym. I've had no issues. They stick to the laws. No favoritism. We win (knock on wood). My daughter loves it. This all flight thing really ticks me off though

Whoa, the "alternate" takes everything including the travel expense money?

Depending on scenario having the registration fee transfer to the alternate is cool but the travel money is wrong, very wrong.

This is sounding sketchy like the owner is on serious power trip or having financial issues.

Just clarifying the "like at any other comp" statement. Yes, the registration is already paid by the athlete who got replaced so the fill-in doesn't pay that, but I have never heard of an athlete being replaced for any reason (injury, behavior, just found someone better, etc) having to pay for a fill-in's travel expenses. If this is happening at your gym I am just dumbfounded.

@perkyninjamom can I venture a guess there are no other gyms within a 3+ hr drive so the owner feels confident they can get away with this? If so let me know where you are so I can try lobbying a few people I know to open another gym in your area?

This whole scenario is just insane to me.
This sport is expensive enough without adding fees to help gym owners line their pockets with travel points. You already get a kickback from Varsity for spending our money. Isn't that good enough?
Apparently not. Like others, I have never heard of a gym "pre collecting travel fees". Thinking there might be financial issues on the horizon....RUN!

This whole scenario is just insane to me.
This sport is expensive enough without adding fees to help gym owners line their pockets with travel points. You already get a kickback from Varsity for spending our money. Isn't that good enough?

AMEN.

My friend's gym charges $1800 for competition fees ( 4 payments of $450.00), but they decided to calculate the participants costs themselves to see how much the gym profits, and the actual total cost of all the competitions would be if they paid the EP directly would be $877.

Granted, I do understand gyms should make some sort of profit off comp fees because they are for the most part should be watching your child during the "away" trips, and etcs., and they are registering and handling all the paperwork and such . but extra $1000 per kid is alot.

AMEN.

My friend's gym charges $1800 for competition fees ( 4 payments of $450.00), but they decided to calculate the participants costs themselves to see how much the gym profits, and the actual total cost of all the competitions would be if they paid the EP directly would be $877.

Granted, I do understand gyms should make some sort of profit off comp fees because they are for the most part should be watching your child during the "away" trips, and etcs., and they are registering and handling all the paperwork and such . but extra $1000 per kid is alot.

I've seen gyms charge MUCH more than that for competition fees. Think $1400 per athlete for Worlds...it included (I'd say includes, but they no longer post their fees publicly, so I can't confirm) hotel and registration and coach travel fees but nothing else. The fees were the same with a paid bid. The parents are fine with it...they've commented as much on Fierce Board. I don't CARE...except that if one gym can do it, it worries me that others will follow and choices are limited in my area.

As a side: if gyms can't make their fees public knowledge, I'm going to assume they're hiding shady info. It blows my mind that it's becoming so difficult to see and compare. Not talking about this gym, just generally speaking. I should be able to go to a website and see how much it would cost to allow my child to spend a year there. Major peeve when I can't.

AMEN.

Our competition fee payment break down also cover's music, choreography and coaches travel fee's. That does sound a little high to me.

I've seen gyms charge MUCH more than that for competition fees. Think $1400 per athlete for Worlds...it included (I'd say includes, but they no longer post their fees publicly, so I can't confirm) hotel and registration and coach travel fees but nothing else. The fees were the same with a paid bid. The parents are fine with it...they've commented as much on Fierce Board. I don't CARE...except that if one gym can do it, it worries me that others will follow and choices are limited in my area.

As a side: if gyms can't make their fees public knowledge, I'm going to assume they're hiding shady info. It blows my mind that it's becoming so difficult to see and compare. Not talking about this gym, just generally speaking. I should be able to go to a website and see how much it would cost to allow my child to spend a year there. Major peeve when I can't.
We get an invoice that breaks down all of our fees and balances monthly.
If your gym is hiding fees what else are they hiding?

Back