All-Star Summit Hotel Rooms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just curious. Has any team that has stayed on property won Worlds, i.e., hanging at the pool at the All Star resort, running around in the park? Seems like you wouldn't be real focused. Just wondering. Maybe it doesn't make a difference in the older girls, like it seems to in our team's younger ones.

Just curious. Has any team that has stayed on property won Worlds, i.e., hanging at the pool at the All Star resort, running around in the park? Seems like you wouldn't be real focused. Just wondering. Maybe it doesn't make a difference in the older girls, like it seems to in our team's younger ones.

I think it's all in the mentality! When our gym goes to Disney we are going for a cheer competition. It is made very clear you are not going for a vacation! We are expected at the venue to support our other teams. Worlds teams are not permitted at the block party. Things are very structured and there is not much time for anything but cheer.
Kids do get to go to the parks and pools but that is afterwards or in small increments. Our gym does a ton of traveling so the kids are used to this. I know for some gyms this is a huge deal to travel to Disney and the parents and Kids want to make the most of everything! Hopefully they can and still have the focus when it counts!

I think it's all in the mentality! When our gym goes to Disney we are going for a cheer competition. It is made very clear you are not going for a vacation! We are expected at the venue to support our other teams. Worlds teams are not permitted at the block party. Things are very structured and there is not much time for anything but cheer.
Kids do get to go to the parks and pools but that is afterwards or in small increments. Our gym does a ton of traveling so the kids are used to this. I know for some gyms this is a huge deal to travel to Disney and the parents and Kids want to make the most of everything! Hopefully they can and still have the focus when it counts!

I hear that! And u totally agree.. This is business not a family vacation.. So very hard for some to separate that notion. Yes the kids do get some down time but In the end it's a cheer comp.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I have stayed there a few times, and this particular property is pretty "soft sell". Additionally, because we are renting points from owners, we are pretty much left alone. And No, I do not have $84,000 to spend on it either ;)

By the standards of timeshare pitches, Wyndham isn't the worst. If you say up front you're not interested they usually leave you alone. I've been to some other properties whose names rhyme with the word Milton that are significantly worse.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back