All-Star The Fix For International!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to be a whiner, but, I'm not a fan of the term Emerging Champion. It sounds a little too patronizing. not sure what my solution is though. You know the saying "a complaint without a solution is just b--ching"

I get what your saying and agree....but after thinking about it I cant come up with a better way to word either..lol

I'm honestly no grammar-queen, but I think you should check the commas. I didn't really see any until the closing part haha

if you have 25 teams from yoru country attending worlds, you are a 'large country'. less than that you are a 'small country'

6 globes can go out in the division. 1-3 for large country, 1-3 for small country. all scores announced lowest to highest except the two high points are announced together.

But then Canada would be a small country, and I don't consider them to be. Maybe a small country is less than 10 teams?
But, yeah that's a great solution:)

I get what your saying and agree....but after thinking about it I cant come up with a better way to word either..lol
I don't like emerging either... and at least I already made the suggestion of international champion ;)
One reason I don't like emerging is, that - I think - my English is pretty decent and I had to look up that word in a dictionary... and since its the international division - its the non-US teams that will win this trophy so they should know at least what they win.
And I don't like Emerging World Champion - if you go for the emerging than only call it Emerging Champion. Because I fear that those Emerging World Champions will simply drop the Emerging and pride themselves with "I am a World Champion" when in reality they are "only" the Emerging World Champions.

And in your post from 8:17 - in the fourth scentence: I think it should say:
Any country that has at less than 25 teams participating in Worlds
English isn't my mother tongue, but the at in there just seems odd to me.
And I second the idea to put some more commas in there.

if you have 25 teams from yoru country attending worlds, you are a 'large country'. less than that you are a 'small country'

6 globes can go out in the division. 1-3 for large country, 1-3 for small country. all scores announced lowest to highest except the two high points are announced together.

The only "large" country would be the USA. Canada might be close, but not if they shut down the bid by video process as they promise year after year. If you go with this, how about letting the Rest of the World in the other divisions then?

International is the ONLY division that other countries are allowed in (with the minor exception of one european competition that is somehow allowed to offer a bid in a non-international division). I know its a sore point for the US teams but I come back to the Olympic analogy. In Canada, we have 1000's of hockey team that can beat many of the teams that represent their country in the Olympics, we however are only allowed to send one team. Its how sport works.

The only "large" country would be the USA. Canada might be close, but not if they shut down the bid by video process as they promise year after year. If you go with this, how about letting the Rest of the World in the other divisions then?

International is the ONLY division that other countries are allowed in (with the minor exception of one european competition that is somehow allowed to offer a bid in a non-international division). I know its a sore point for the US teams but I come back to the Olympic analogy. In Canada, we have 1000's of hockey team that can beat many of the teams that represent their country in the Olympics, we however are only allowed to send one team. Its how sport works.

EXCEPT you dont go representing your country. That is what the ICU is for.

Just to be provocative, the real fix is to not allow the USA in International at all. We already have "World Champions" that don't compete against other countries in cheer, baseball, football etc. International is just one more division for US teams, for the rest of the world its all we are allowed. How about instead of getting rid of us or relegating us to "small country", the IASF gets rid of the US in this division?

Not such a fun idea, is it?

Just to be provocative, the real fix is to not allow the USA in International at all. We already have "World Champions" that don't compete against other countries in cheer, baseball, football etc. International is just one more division for US teams, for the rest of the world its all we are allowed. How about instead of getting rid of us or relegating us to "small country", the IASF gets rid of the US in this division?

Not such a fun idea, is it?

I am 100% compeltely for it. The only reason we even care about international is it lets 18+ athletes compete.

I have stated it multiple times. Everyone but the US can have international. We will have the Open division and you all are allowed to compete in it.

No nation is restricted from entering any division. Non-US teams can and have entered the "club" divisions before.

The Olympic analogy is off because the Olympics is based on a country vs. country model. Athletes there are not representing private clubs directly. They wear the uniform of their country. Limiting teams by country makes sense in that context.

Worlds, including the "international" divisions, is about competitions between private clubs. The athletes represent Top Gun, Stingrays, etc., - not the United States. They wear the uniforms of their private gyms. Not all of their athletes are even US citizens. We already DO limit private gyms to a single team in each division, exactly like the Olympics limits countries to a single team in each team sport.

So would this do away with international and club and make us all compete together? Or is this strictly for international?

EXCEPT you dont go representing your country. That is what the ICU is for.

Spoken like an American. What you fail to recognize is that the rest of the world goes to this competition to represent their country first and foremost. While the ICU competition is an amazing opportunity for 24-48 athletes once per year per country its not the same kind of showcase. Its not the team you work with year in and year out at least not in Canada, where we (like the US) have a "national team".

We get it. You don't like it when a team that placed 18th the first day can claim being 5th in the World. We understand that. We even feel badly. But your proposal segregates us - it doesn't have us compete against the US in any meaningful way. Its essentially two divisions - the US and the ROW. I for one, want to compete against the US.

To be clear, my IOC5 teams goal this season is to place Top 10 on Day One (provided we get a bid at the one competition we have to earn one). We go to compete against the best. We want to be ranked against the best, not against the "also rans". It is the only way that the rest of the world is going to the level of the US.

JMO

No nation is restricted from entering any division. Non-US teams can and have entered the "club" divisions before.

The Olympic analogy is off because the Olympics is based on a country vs. country model. Athletes there are not representing private clubs directly. They wear the uniform of their country. Limiting teams by country makes sense in that context.

Worlds, including the "international" divisions, is about competitions between private clubs. The athletes represent Top Gun, Stingrays, etc., - not the United States. They wear the uniforms of their private gyms. Not all of their athletes are even US citizens. We already DO limit private gyms to a single team in each division, exactly like the Olympics limits countries to a single team in each team sport.

No Bluecat. We are NOT allowed to compete in the other divisions. I have asked, there are no bids available for these divisions outside of the USA.

Like pctmom said, there are no bids for the other divisions.

Spoken like an American. What you fail to recognize is that the rest of the world goes to this competition to represent their country first and foremost. While the ICU competition is an amazing opportunity for 24-48 athletes once per year per country its not the same kind of showcase. Its not the team you work with year in and year out at least not in Canada, where we (like the US) have a "national team".

We get it. You don't like it when a team that placed 18th the first day can claim being 5th in the World. We understand that. We even feel badly. But your proposal segregates us - it doesn't have us compete against the US in any meaningful way. Its essentially two divisions - the US and the ROW. I for one, want to compete against the US.

To be clear, my IOC5 teams goal this season is to place Top 10 on Day One (provided we get a bid at the one competition we have to earn one). We go to compete against the best. We want to be ranked against the best, not against the "also rans". It is the only way that the rest of the world is going to the level of the US.

JMO

Under King's system you would be directly competing against the US teams, but there is also the secondary prize of being the emerging champion. If you get 4th place, you're legitimately 4th in the world and on top of that you would be potentially 1st place among the Emerging Country's.

It gives Emerging country's a real shot at winning something while still competing directly with the US Teams with the potential of actually winning the division

I also think that at World's and any other competition for that matter any country should be able to compete in any division.

question: If a non-US team were to compete at Cheersport and earn a bid in a division other than international would they not be able to compete in that division at worlds? or is what you are saying is that the international division is the only one that offers the video entry qualification?

Back