All-Star The Fix For International!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How about Global Champion and World Champion

I think that it's okay that the US would be the only "large" country, as countries send more teams there might be more added. Our seasons are different, the way the bids are given are different, the way the teams are put together is different

Using Canada as an example, and the fact that they have 1000's of hockey teams that can beat most of the other countries. It makes even more sense to make this change because Worlds is Cheer Olympics so it's already like we are sending 1000s of athletes to the Olympics. If we really want it to be like the Olympics we would only have 1 team in each divsion representing every country. The weeding out happens before the Olympics not at the Olympics.

If USASF feels so strongly that it's only the top 3 teams from each country, then stop giving bids to the International teams and stop making them spend all that money for nothing. Have it done by video submission like with jrs last year. I don't want that, but currently there's no real ranking of all the teams that attend. If the teams make it to Worlds they deserve to be ranked. Most of the teams go for the experience so maybe we should have an Exhibition Package for all those teams that aren't really in the running. They will still need an at large bid to attend, but you only pay a nominal fee per team to perform. Sounds crazy, I know but so is letting International teams go without a real shot at Day 2.

Any gym across the world can çome to the US and get a bid.

No Bluecat. We are NOT allowed to compete in the other divisions. I have asked, there are no bids available for these divisions outside of the USA.
Loony Dolphins competed Large Sr all girl in the club division 2010, correct? How did they get the bid?

I was not aware that non-US event producers were choosing not to give bids to the other divisions. I dont believe that is a "Worlds" policy - it an event producer choice. My personal opinion is that any eligible team, regardless of division, should be able to compete equally for any bid if they choose. However, I recognize that ultimately, the choice of who gets bids is up to people running the events.

Please note: I am not trying to disrespect any team from any country. I think at every team should be treated equally, regardless of their gyms address. It may come across that I don't care about the teams from other nations. That is not true. I just don't care MORE about their needs than I do the needs of the US teams.

Loony Dolphins competed Large Sr all girl in the club division 2010, correct? How did they get the bid?
Divisions in Germany are different and bids are given out for our division-winners. (Junior Allgirl, Junior Co-Ed, Senior Allgirl and Senior Co-Ed - and don't worry about the Junior, our Junior kids are about the same age as your Senior kids).
Teams here get an at-large bid and then have to decide on their own which division they fit in the best. That's how Loony Dolphins got to compete in Large Senior Allgirl. They only need to stay allgirl when they got an allgirl bid and they need to stay co-ed if they got a co-ed bid. Everything else is the teams decision.
I guess the bid-giving process is different in every country as it is with every event producer in the US (one gives them out the the highest scoring teams overall, one gives them to highest scoring teams in particular divisions, etc.)

Divisions in Germany are different and bids are given out for our division-winners. (Junior Allgirl, Junior Co-Ed, Senior Allgirl and Senior Co-Ed - and don't worry about the Junior, our Junior kids are about the same age as your Senior kids).
Teams here get an at-large bid and then have to decide on their own which division they fit in the best. That's how Loony Dolphins got to compete in Large Senior Allgirl. They only need to stay allgirl when they got an allgirl bid and they need to stay co-ed if they got a co-ed bid. Everything else is the teams decision.
I guess the bid-giving process is different in every country as it is with every event producer in the US (one gives them out the the highest scoring teams overall, one gives them to highest scoring teams in particular divisions, etc.)

So you can get a bid to a club division outside the US?

So....maybe since these international teams have different divisions they don't "fit" into the club level? Maybe ages of athletes or something? Just making guesses now, because I feel if they want to be in a division they qualify for, they shouldn't be limited to international only.

I believe that is the case.

Our age divisions are usually​
Peewee: up until the age of 11/12​
Juniors: 11/12 until about 16​
Senior: about 16+​
So if you qualify in our Junior division you would be at the Senior division in the US but clearly in a disadvantage because those 17 and 18 year olds are missing in your team.​
Seniors here are usually aged out in the US and have to compete either level 5 international or level 6 open.​

Back