All-Star The Summit 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh wow. But see that is how you handle a situation like this. I am sure the TGLC athletes were disappointed but they also saw their coaches setting an amazing example of truth, fairness, and sportsmanship. I always knew that TGLC was a classy program. It's too bad that Rays cannot follow their example.
I think this is ALL we're asking Rays to do. Do the right thing and set a lasting example for your kids. Yes, it will hurt. But I'd rather be a proud silver medalist than a fake gold medalist.

Oh wow. But see that is how you handle a situation like this. I am sure the TGLC athletes were disappointed but they also saw their coaches setting an amazing example of truth, fairness, and sportsmanship. I always knew that TGLC was a classy program. It's too bad that Rays cannot follow their example.

Ive been following Allstar since 2001 and that is one program who I have never seen be anything less than classy and promote all around sportsmanship. Thats one of the reasons I root for them every year.

ETA: I elect Victor and Kristen to teach sportsmanship classes to programs.

Ive been following Allstar since 2001 and that is one program who I have never seen be anything less than classy and promote all around sportsmanship. Thats one of the reasons I root for them every year.
Yes I love Top Gun! I remember back in the dark ages when I first got into allstar my youth team was at the same comp as Top Gun and I was obsessed with the big girls in the elevator. I still remember how sweet they were to all the little girls like me who looked up to them.

I think this is ALL we're asking Rays to do. Do the right thing and set a lasting example for your kids. Yes, it will hurt. But I'd rather be a proud silver medalist than a fake gold medalist.
Exactly. I think a fake gold will be worse in the long run then a real silver. Because you just know that wrong or right this team will be remembered for this for the next few years. I would not want that stigma.

The Lady Red and Spice thing is not okay. You don’t fix the mistake by making everyone a champion. It wasn’t even close.
Agreed. But didn’t Varsity establish a precedent during the 2017-2018 season by letting teams keep bids when they were mistakenly listed in the Monday night Varsity Summit Reveals?

Last edited:
By the way, I forgot to mention...My cp's team (Fame Sirens) are 7th in the world!! I could not be more proud of what they accomplished this weekend. They had a rough day 1. But they hit on day 2 and I could not ask for more. They have developed some pretty awesome friendships within their team and with the other teams in their division over the last 2 years. We were certain CA Sabres was taking it this year and then Pythons came out of nowhere! All very deserving teams :) The whole division is a true example of sportsmanship.

It's been a sweet ride. I know I've said this before but it's really true this time. My CP is officially retiring her nfinities. Thank you for the memories.

Although it isn’t the programs fault they were awarded the title in error...
i do not think i could be at a program that did not do the right thing.

While we have never been in the position of being awarded a title because they misspoke when announcing. I do know of a couple instances where weren’t given an illegality or a deduction we should have had an our owner walked up to the judges and told them. One time they gave us the deduction causing us to no longer be in first. The other time the judges thanked her but refused to give the deduction since they missed it.

She said she didn’t want to win if we weren’t the better team and she knows a few of our athletes, parents, and coaches were upset she wanted them to understand.. they would be upset if it happened and effected us the other way.

Last year our owners were named USASF program of the year and we often joked she probably earned that title because of her honesty and asking for deductions. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I personally I more disgusted by their behavior after the information came out. You don't even have to be "following the right people" to see. All I had to do was put the team names into twitter. And there were spice girls being very mean to GT girls who were rightfully pissed that their big win (I mean a two point difference its not like it was .20) was taken away from them and a team that did not deserve it was named a co-champ instead of second. I lost respect for Rays when they continued to post about being champions after they knew that a mistake had occurred If this was my team or program, I would have taken the tweet about winning down, told Varsity to get their ish together and told the girls on the team to take all that off twitter.

Yes it was Varisty's fault but I am not impressed with Rays behavior. When they realized that Varsity made a mistake they should have taken down the tweets and told the team and coaches to stop posting on twitter about it and correct on their official page that according to the actual scores GT was the rightful winner and congratulate GT for winning first place. They know they didn't actually win. Me personally, I would be way to embarrassed to claim to be a champ or a co-champ when anyone can see that I actually got 2nd place. So yeah I lost respect for Rays.

Okay. You didn't have to dislike my post just because I said I didn't see the nasty behavior. I agree with you that the nasty behavior isn't excused and even when searching the team names on twitter I didn't see it. Just because I sympathize with the athletes who were put in the situation by being announced the champion when they didn't earn it, doesn't mean I agree with how the situation was handled. Personally I wouldn't want something I didn't earn. Should athletes be bragging about winning when they didn't? NO. Should former coaches or current coaches (which I didn't see any current coaches bragging after the correction was made) brag about a win they didn't earn? NO. Should an entire program be shamed for the actions of a minority? I also think no. We clearly disagree on this last point, but hey no harm no foul. Everyone doesn't have to be a fan of every gym or agree with the actions of every gym.

Okay. You didn't have to dislike my post just because I said I didn't see the nasty behavior. I agree with you that the nasty behavior isn't excused and even when searching the team names on twitter I didn't see it. Just because I sympathize with the athletes who were put in the situation by being announced the champion when they didn't earn it, doesn't mean I agree with how the situation was handled. Personally I wouldn't want something I didn't earn. Should athletes be bragging about winning when they didn't? NO. Should former coaches or current coaches (which I didn't see any current coaches bragging after the correction was made) brag about a win they didn't earn? NO. Should an entire program be shamed for the actions of a minority? I also think no. We clearly disagree on this last point, but hey no harm no foul. Everyone doesn't have to be a fan of every gym or agree with the actions of every gym.
I couldn't stand by a program that refused to do the right thing and I do think it taints the entire gym and they will be remembered for this

We tell our kids EVERY SINGLE COMPETITION to act accordingly, that they are a reflection on the gym. The same should go for coaches/parents/etc. What is being shown by the coaches (not just comments on social media, but not making it right by giving the win to the deserving team) reflects poorly on the gym as a whole. So yes, it does give them a bad rep.

The whole situation is so sticky. I feel for both programs. It should have been handled differently by V AND Stingrays. But what absolutely pisses me off is that V has posted results on their website without scores, and listed them as a tie, while scoresheets are floating around and it is very obviously NOT a tie. GT had nearly a two point lead- it wasn't even close. And if I'm remembering correctly, scores used to be announced and put on the big screen at Worlds. It made it feel like the Olympics and it was such a cool moment. Why is it only NOW such a big deal? And I've seen people on twitter saying that coaches have fought for confidentiality of scores and I'm just sitting here wondering why you need confidentiality...why be embarrassed by a score? If you're embarrassed, get in the gym and work twice as hard with your kids to make them have a better score. It's ridiculous. I'm just so sad because I've only just got my start into coaching over the course of the last couple years and this sport that I love so much is going down a rabbit hole driven by money. V has a monopoly and things are getting worse, not better.

Dch3nPgVAAIbIg2.jpg

I promise I don't want to seem argumentative because deep down I really do agree with y'all. It does look bad for the gym, but I just hate that one situation has to taint the entire gym. At the end of the day, stingrays should have been the "bigger person" so to speak and taken down the champion tweets/refrained from attacking people, etc. and addressed the situation to teach the lesson, but at this point I feel like the damage is done and even if they did try and make it right I'm not sure if people would see it as sincere. Varsity put everyone in a bad situation with the whole co-champion thing and it is sad the outcomes it has had for all athletes/both programs involved.

The whole situation is so sticky. I feel for both programs. It should have been handled differently by V AND Stingrays. But what absolutely pisses me off is that V has posted results on their website without scores, and listed them as a tie, while scoresheets are floating around and it is very obviously NOT a tie. GT had nearly a two point lead- it wasn't even close. And if I'm remembering correctly, scores used to be announced and put on the big screen at Worlds. It made it feel like the Olympics and it was such a cool moment. Why is it only NOW such a big deal? And I've seen people on twitter saying that coaches have fought for confidentiality of scores and I'm just sitting here wondering why you need confidentiality...why be embarrassed by a score? If you're embarrassed, get in the gym and work twice as hard with your kids to make them have a better score. It's ridiculous. I'm just so sad because I've only just got my start into coaching over the course of the last couple years and this sport that I love so much is going down a rabbit hole driven by money. V has a monopoly and things are getting worse, not better.

Dch3nPgVAAIbIg2.jpg
The website states “*Due to an incorrect announcement of placements during the final awards ceremony the results above will be the final placements for this division”

Back