All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh... and Waving... this is more High School, but i was at NJ states this weekend, and almost every team had choreographed waving in. Not cute.[/quote]

I couldn't agree with this one any more!!!!! Our old gym used to blow kisses, that worked for a while, the big wink is OK but the wave just needs to be retired.

When people try to compare two teams when neither have hit, so therefore its not a accurate comparison. I'm all for "Team A are going to be great at worlds or they are going to bring it!" but I think that calling someone already the 2011 world champ is a bit extreme considering alot can change between now and then.

I'm over every single level 5 stunt transition landing in a stretch. I know a lot of teams have been doing tick tocks, ball ups, and full ups to scorps, but i'd love to see them kick it up instead of grabbing their foot and holding then pulling.
(Switch up stretch, tick tock stretch, full up stretch, ball up stretch.)

I don't like baskets that go all at the same time either. I like to see some visuals.
Same with stunt sequences. Change some stuff up like F5 and Shooting stars, where everyone is doing something, just not the same thing and not on the same counts.

Oh... and Waving... this is more High School, but i was at NJ states this weekend, and almost every team had choreographed waving in. Not cute.

completely agree with the first one! but I actually only like to see baskets all at once. I completely understand where you're coming from, but I also think staggered anything (besides the dance dance) is just an easy way to hide timing issues you don't want to waste time figuring out. When they're off they do look pretty bad, but when large teams can throw their baskets all at once and on the exact same count, they look amazing to me! More amazing then staggered ones can ever look. I think just in general teams should work on timing in baskets more, staggered or not. I hate when girls are spinning at noticeably different speeds, or are thrown noticeably different heights. It's the little things that coaches don't bother to fix that bother me.

When people try to compare two teams when neither have hit, so therefore its not a accurate comparison. I'm all for "Team A are going to be great at worlds or they are going to bring it!" but I think that calling someone already the 2011 world champ is a bit extreme considering alot can change between now and then.

Huh? Routines change for worlds?

Back