All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Level two stunting where the flyer is doing a stretch*aka lean back and sit my butt in my backspots hand because my backspot is 5'6 and holds the whole stunt up while I attempt to grab my foot.

This has killed me all year! Any stunt will stay up if the back spot is holding the flyer's waist with one hand and her butt with the other. On top of that, they're not really pulling a stretch because they are so bent over that they are just grabbing their foot really.
Another thing, handstand to shoulder sit....after watching almost every Level 2 team do this...I'm over it! Two stunts I came up with (and I'm a mom that likes to couch coach):
Back walkover into bases, up to straddle, to prep, extend it and walk the stunt, cradle out.
Front walkover in, half up, pull positions, cradle out, log roll.
Everything looks amazing to me in level 5....they could tick tock every 5 minutes and I would be "ohhh ahhh"

Why not bump it to stretch? Or fullup to prep level one-leg and extend it? I know you need the full twisting entry in there, but the EXACT same thing- fullup to prep bump to extension- is just not doing it for me anymore.

That's a good sequence! I've never seen any level 3 team do it (that i know of lol)

That's a good sequence! I've never seen any level 3 team do it (that i know of lol)
Because they didn't hire me as their choreographer lmao:p (But I have seen the 2nd one this past weekend, which made me think of that pet peeve in the first place lol)

This has killed me all year! Any stunt will stay up if the back spot is holding the flyer's waist with one hand and her butt with the other. On top of that, they're not really pulling a stretch because they are so bent over that they are just grabbing their foot really.
Another thing, handstand to shoulder sit....after watching almost every Level 2 team do this...I'm over it! Two stunts I came up with (and I'm a mom that likes to couch coach):
Back walkover into bases, up to straddle, to prep, extend it and walk the stunt, cradle out.
Front walkover in, half up, pull positions, cradle out, log roll.
Everything looks amazing to me in level 5....they could tick tock every 5 minutes and I would be "ohhh ahhh"

We had this in my routine. The flyers front walkover in half up to heel stretch, scorpian, scale, sponge. The judges always loved it! And so did I! lol :)

And I'm over level 2 cradling from one legged stunts, to me it looks sloppy because it's at a prep level...why not just sponge?

We had this in my routine. The flyers front walkover in half up to heel stretch, scorpian, scale, sponge. The judges always loved it! And so did I! lol :)

And I'm over level 2 cradling from one legged stunts, to me it looks sloppy because it's at a prep level...why not just sponge?
I agree, it's a hot mess to cradle from one legs in level 2. BUT, when I was trained years ago, I was told that you needed it in order to max out. I notice that I am seeing less and less of it, so I'm assuming that doesn't hold true anymore.

I agree, it's a hot mess to cradle from one legs in level 2. BUT, when I was trained years ago, I was told that you needed it in order to max out. I notice that I am seeing less and less of it, so I'm assuming that doesn't hold true anymore.
i would say if you are doing more than 1 stunt section in level 2 (i did choreo for a youth level 2 team and they do 3) that you should have multiple ways of coming down. What i did was 1 cradled, 1 sponged, and 1 moved into the pyramid.

Oh shoot here he goes!!! ;)

1. Georgia Allstars proclaiming their back-really thanks I didnt notice the sea of right hands in the air when you guys performed
2. 360 ball ups-seriously make up your own moves...
3. Teams calling each other out in their music-ugh yeah they tol ur title you wantit back eir trannys we got it
4. 2x2 videos...ugh they clog up my youtube accounts -_- and Im not even subscribed...rude
5. tick tocks...especially when the flyer does 8-cool your bases must really like you
6. Bizzare scoring-when team A drops half their pyramid and still ends up in the top spot
7. The whole CEA vs. WCSS vs. F5 battle- I hope they all tie for 4th -_- sorry
8. The rays winning everything lol ;)
9. EVERYONE OWNING THE THRONE...SERIOUSLY KILL ME

Songs Im over!

1. Firework
2. Only Girl in the World
3. Ima PRIMMA DONNA!
4. We R who we R
5. ALL AROUND THE WORLD!!

DONE!!!

Shooting Stars is the only team that can meaningfully use the "who owns the throne" bit. No one else has held a Worlds title for three years straight and then lose it. When everyone else can say they've done this, they may use it. Otherwise, don't use it if you've never owned the throne to begin with. That is all :)

Back