All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Level 1- anyone older than minis using a back for knee stunts
Level 2- barrel rolls that barely leave the cradle
Level 3- Full up to prep, bounce extension.... everyone has them, enough already, you can do other things with a full twisting entry. And don't get me started on the full twisting tosses.. OVERKILL
Level 4- Switch-ups... they're just boring imo, and everyone uses them instead of working tocks
Level 5- Tick tocks... we get it, but it's not level 5
Level 6- sucking in general... if you can't even throw higher than level 3 partner stunts, you have no business attempting level 6 tosses and pyramids IMO

Add yours:)

Alot of the things that you are listing are things in your routine that you need to have in order to max out and get the highest score in your level.

If you dont do full twisting basket tosses in level 3 than your not going to get max points. Thats something that a level 3 team NEEDS in there routine.

full ups to preps is one of the hardest stunting skills you can do in level 3. so why not do them?

and someone else said that they hate synchronized tosses but that also is going to get you max points. The judges want to see tosses go all at the same time.

Switch ups. i was over them last year, and they just can't stay away. Especially on level 5 teams...just stop. Please.

Alot of the things that you are listing are things in your routine that you need to have in order to max out and get the highest score in your level.

If you dont do full twisting basket tosses in level 3 than your not going to get max points. Thats something that a level 3 team NEEDS in there routine.

full ups to preps is one of the hardest stunting skills you can do in level 3. so why not do them?

and someone else said that they hate synchronized tosses but that also is going to get you max points. The judges want to see tosses go all at the same time.

Why not bump it to stretch? Or fullup to prep level one-leg and extend it? I know you need the full twisting entry in there, but the EXACT same thing- fullup to prep bump to extension- is just not doing it for me anymore.

And, yes, include the full twisting tosses, BUT don't leave out toe touches, pikes, etc:)

I hate seeing toe touch basket tosses with no form and no ARCH. It drives me crazy to watch them in High School because they are not allowed to arch so to me it just looks like an incomplete toss!
They can arch, just can't throw their heads back. :)

over dramatic music, like POW POW BANG ZIP ZIP HIT [name of team here] HIT HIT ZWOOOOP BING [all] SAP SAP POP WOOP [stars]

like calm down.....
That's old school cheer tyme music! haha. Sound effect for every move made. Even some when people are just standing there.

Level two stunting where the flyer is doing a stretch*aka lean back and sit my butt in my backspots hand because my backspot is 5'6 and holds the whole stunt up while I attempt to grab my foot.

YESSSS. My flyer did this to me once and when she did it again i held her ankle, and boom she fell...shows that the flyers don't have any core strength or flexibility.

Back