All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im sick and tired of teams doing triple toe backs, kick double baskets, two to fulls, roundoff handspring doubles, and double downs. DO SOMETHING ELSE PEOPLE!

Hardy har har.

I apologize for not being in love with sr elite like the rest of you are.

Hardy har har.

I apologize for not being in love with sr elite like the rest of you are.

It isn't love. I am not the worlds biggest CEA fan, but I can respect what they do, and one thing they do VERY well is stunt. You strike a nerve saying they took the easy way out. If the skill wasn't hard and if it didn't get rewarded, they wouldn't do it. So, you can dislike the tick tocks and say you want new stuff cause you are bored with tick tocks. I am fine with that. But saying it is the easy way out is a bit smug.

It isn't love. I am not the worlds biggest CEA fan, but I can respect what they do, and one thing they do VERY well is stunt. You strike a nerve saying they took the easy way out. If the skill wasn't hard and if it didn't get rewarded, they wouldn't do it. So, you can dislike the tick tocks and say you want new stuff cause you are bored with tick tocks. I am fine with that. But saying it is the easy way out is a bit smug.

I should have kept the whole "easy way out" thing to myself. When I said that I was talking about their overall routine this year. Next time I'll stay on subject.

Im not a huge cea fan(routine style wise) but there is no denying that they put some of the most difficult routines out each year. Are you seriously bored with sr elite? Like their stunts and pyramid are DEADLY. Has cheerleading really reached the point to where you are bored? You must be hard to please, because i find good level 1 teams to be exciting. And when it comes to level 5 teams im just blown away.
I totally feel the same way about this! Cheerleading is a passion to me and most people here and it's truly awesome for me to get to watch it week after week. I stay for practically every division...regardless of the fact that my daughter's age group/division is usually done waaaay before everyone else and I could easily get an early start home.

Sorry for exspressing my opinion in a rude way. I meant everything I said, but I didn't have to be rude about it so I apologize for that.

1 more thing I'm over w/: This thread. You disagree w/ me. Okay. Moving on. I'm really not in the mood.

You're only over this thread because people don't agree with you... Am I being catty? Probably. Do I care right now? No. Seriously, if you have a problem with stretch tik toks, you should be complaining about kick double baskets and triple-toe backs too. CEA isn't the only team that reuses successful stunt elements, and yet they get the most criticism for it.

I'm tired of small gyms thinking they're entitled to points since they don't have as large of an athlete pool as a large gym. Like they should get more credit because they only have 10/20/30 level 5 athletes in their entire gym. Most of the large gyms haven't been at this for years, they've been at it for decades. Stop crying and call me in 10 years if you still don't have a prestigious title. They didn't beat you because of the uniform they're wearing, they beat you because they were at practice when you were on the fierceboard/facebook complaining.

well i'm over big gyms thinking they should get extra points for how much money they bring into a competition since they bring every team in their gym which is made up of all crossovers anyway... because there are a lot of small gyms that work just as hard as big gyms.

well i'm over big gyms thinking they should get extra points for how much money they bring into a competition since they bring every team in their gym which is made up of all crossovers anyway... because there are a lot of small gyms that work just as hard as big gyms.
obviously you missed the "how much money brought to the competition" part of the scoresheet!

if you work "just as hard" and you're not winning...work harder.

Yes, but it's much easier for a Level 5 athlete to execute the Level 3 skills. When you have a true Level 3 athlete who is performing at the height of their ability and you put them side by side, it's not really a fair match up. imo

yess i agree, but on the other hand, if an athlete cant not execute a skill or technique properly, clean, and sharp then it should not be in the routine IMO, if a coach puts a sloppy "head-Spring" or a tuck that barely gets off the ground, in a routine then they are asking for bad execution points and they are making the level 5 cheerleader(s) stand out more than they need too.

also... routines that go like this:
standing tumbling
partner stunts
jumps
running tumbling
baskets
pyramid
dance

Thought I'd add my routines aswell..

Standing tumbling(& a few running)#1
Partner stunts
Baskets
Running tumbling
Jumps
Standing tumbling#2
Pyramid
Dance

It's interesting to see the differences between routine structures :)

I should have kept the whole "easy way out" thing to myself. When I said that I was talking about their overall routine this year. Next time I'll stay on subject.

I'm probably going to get shanked by the Teal Army but I understand what your saying. I love me some SE but it does seem like their routine is very similiar to their routine from last season. I have to admit that the "mob" reaction that happens when someone dares utter an unkind word about SE is getting tiresome. People can like different teams for different reasons, CEA is not going to come to grinding halt because @Diamond isn't feeling their tick tocks.

mmmhmmm EXACTLY my thoughts!! I love our senior 4 dont get me wrong but holy moley this team just showed up this year with a mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a compliment. Thank you so much! Here's a link to our video if you would like to watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoQXoGZuhXE
We started out as a Rec team last year (coming from 2 Pop Warner teams), and decided to go All-Stars. We told our girls we would go down to Georgia and be happy coming in at the top 15, and they have worked their butts off and placed 4th this year. You really don't know how much your compliments mean to us!

I'm over having absolutley no idea of what most of you are talking about!! Too much time at my real job to pay attention to what goes on here! Although I do I like to spend a few hours catching up now and then!

Back