All-Star Those Jackets - Dear Competition Hosts..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Think about it from a business standpoint as well...... with no possible way of knowing exactly how many winners of what size they will need, companies will always have some extra jackets in random sizes. Sometimes a lot of extra jackets...... so its just not functional to completely change the jackets(especially the nicer ones) every single year. It's basically throwing money unnecessarily out the window for a few select teams that win back to back. That's why they only change every 3-4 years for most companies or they will just change a small detail when the company can cover the costs.

100% agree and thats part of the reason UCA stop putting the year on the back of their jackets

I think UCA is different, because they only have one national a year, but I think companies should maybe have the same design for all of their jackets, but in different colors for the different "nationals" they have, then the next year switch the colors around. That way, if a team wins back to back at the same event, they will get a different jacket, and no product will be wasted.

Who cares what the look like be glad you have one, if you don't want it sell it on eBay or give it back to them.....

Athletic Championships ALWAYS gives away a completely different looking sweatshirt each year. Just by seeing a piece of one, I can tell you what season it is.

The neat "Ed Hardy" type jackets we got at American Showdown were really cool! My cp likes it even more then her Cheer America from last season. I have been VERY disappointed in the swag given out to the teams this year! Last season ACA gave out fleece blankets, this year they got pins (to promote Varsity's new pin trading campaign). Also they got a bag of deodorant and face wash? SC gave us shirts and beanies...and they're way smaller then Varsity. The girl at ACA already said they are giving more pins at NCA so no good stuff there either :-(

My girls have won various jackets, bags, hoodies, and blankets over the years (they actually use the blankets all the time) , and they are very appreciative to have recieved them - but the most interesting swag my daughters recieved recently was a goodie bag containing hair ties, a couple coupons for cheer related items and a small box of tampons...haha...yes, tampons....I realize the companies that help sponsor these events want to provide samples of their products, but that one kind of struck me funny, lol. I wonder what the male cheerleaders got.....lol :confused:

lol jealous people on here on everywhere! if you want to wear a jacket, practice harder? do not get your mommy to cry on here for you.

Can you all post pictures of your jackets from your favorite competitions such as UCA, American etc., we love seeing different jackets - thanks!

My daughter has 4 or 5 jackets from Jamz Nationals that are EXACTLY the same! I finally started having her name and the year embroidered on it. Last year was the first year we haven't been there since she started cheering and it did change slightly...but come on!! It definitely loses it's allure when it is the same year after year!
I would be happy just to have earned one yet alone care what it looks like :) your daughter is lucky!!

This is jmo, but for what I consider gifts worth having:
For Winners......
True Nationals: Quality Jackets(NCA/UCA). End of Story. If you don't win a jacket, its a championship not a national.
Championships: Comfy, well designed sweatshirt/fleece, or maybe even some comfy sweatpants(haven't seen that before but I'd wear sweatpants to practice)
Regionals: A well designed shirt/ long sleeve or sweatshirt/ fleece. The well designed part is crucial! I've gotten so many to be frank ugly shirts and a bright neon orange,purple and yellow fleece one time...........who do you expect to wear that in public?

For All Participants......
Large Items Worth having: A nice fleece blanket, a good hair ribbon , quality backpacks/ duffle bags, a well designed shirt
Fillers(stuff to put with larger items): sparkle makeup, a pin if its on something above, face tattoos, a patch, glow in the dark stuff,candy, gatorade, snacks to eat after competing, fun stuff to do with the team (mad libs books or travel puzzle books? coloring books? cards? idk....something to keep kids entertained when traveling as a team or waiting during competition breaks)

Not worth it: Stuff that looks cheaply made or falls apart, "goodie bags" containing hygiene products or sponsor products(give them to us outside the arena like at NCA so those of us that want them can get them), drawstring bags, cheap one shoulder bags, cheap bags in general that EVERY company gives out, bracelets, mini travel pillows(have 800 of them), ugly cheap junk that takes up space in my suitcase

Basically stuff that you can never have enough of or will use while at competition/traveling is what I liked.

Back