All-Star Tuition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rays is $125 but not all inclusive. Per kid (and per our packet) your booster club account will need $1600 (for entry fees and uniforms and what not). Ends up being $3100 total for the year cost (but not all goes to Rays).

I'd like to add that Rays has an awesome program to earn money for your account that you can truly pay for your entire season with. The work was not hard, you just have to be able to handle the heat.

I've been wondering this for a while, and figured this was a good thread to ask...how do coaches get paid? Like is it per hour? Or like a set payment per week..etc. Do you get more or less depending on how many teams you coach, and there sizes/levels?

Right now we pay about 110/month but that doesn't include comp fees or uniform/choreography. Personally, I recognize that this is slightly below the 'norm' in our area (especially for 'competitive' gyms) but we are blessed to have an owner and staff who care more about cheer than nickles. Other (less 'competitive') gyms in our area charge much more but IMO that's to benefit the owners more than the athletes. So grateful that our gym puts acheivemet above profit!

We do the all-inclusive price, and nearly all of the parents MUCH prefer it. Just be sure to explain that it includes everything. It is helpful to list out the total cost for the year and compare it to those of gyms where you pay separately. Once parents understand that it SEEMS higher at first, but is actually not if you do the math. In the long run, it is just more convenient for the customer.

Downside for gym owners - the expenses (entry fees, etc.) are NOT evenly spread out throughout the year on the gym owner side. You can run into cash-flow issues if you are not careful. (If entry fees are spread out through April tuition, but you have to pay all of them by January - you are basically "fronting" the money hoping to get that back later.)

In response to that, we had to change our system to where it front-loads a little bit. We added $80/month to the first 4 months and took $80/month off of the last 4 months. It makes it slightly more confusing, unfortunately. However, without doing that, we would be paying tens of thousands in entry fees before we had collected that money.

Yep, I found out about the cash flow issues when we moved to all inclusive pricing last year. I adjusted it some this year to hopefully fix that problem.

May, August, and November are all $320
every other month is $150

That way parents aren't hit with consecutive high months and I still get most of the money in before I have to pay it out. But I'm sure I'll adjust it again next season after I learn the pros and cons of this setup

Holy moly!!! Is your facility large? Not even in the expensive satate of California do they charge that much for just tuition. Dont think we would have very many kids at that price. We also have a lot of families with 3 kids in the program can you imagine that price times 3 a month. Our gym does an all inclusive monthly price which makes it easier to budget and you know ahead of time what you are paying and when.

actually while i lived in northern California i paid the same amount for tuition as well as 225 for enrollment and another 225 for choreo and music, on top of competition fees and a ridiculously priced 400.00 uniform

Wow! To hear all of this is crazy :eek: ... I pay $35 a month for one-three hour practice a week, which includes tumbling time, but its a Level 6 team in Western New York (AKA not the best for cheerleading!) and we basically coach ourselves and do our own tumbling :(. Its pretty much the cost we pay the YMCA to have the space

i cheer at a gym around the houson, tx area. Tuition is $160/mo and if you have 2 or more athletes its a flat $250/mo

Also do you guys get any type of sibling discount? In the south it was only 10-15%, but up here standard seems to be 50% off tuition for a second child, which if you have more than one child cheering seems to bring the amount closer to what I was paying in the south for both.

In Texas our sibling discount is 10%.

Here is what I've been wondering... I see some people mention they can work the fundraising events to help pay for cheer. Does this include your tuition? Does this go through the booster club? How does fundraising work for all-inclusive pricing? My gym has many families that really rely on fundraising, and I want more of an insight on how it works at other places, especially if we can do fundraising but also switch to all-inclusive pricing.

Back