All-Star Tumbling Bust

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree with the previous point that cheer is lacking a true "layout" position for the most part. most people set back like a handspring and then whip their feet around, almost as if they are doing a pike, which is also a poorly executed pike, yet in the sport of cheer it's counted as a layout.
also, if someone is going to bail from a layout, they will usually either tuck, and get around, at least to their knees, or pike the way most cheerleaders do it for their "properly executed" layouts
but i also agree that a lot of girls are not learning proper technique...they or the coaches are rushing to just "have" the skill, but there are coaches out there that do stress technique in tumbling. =)

I've seen a few actually. Layouts are hard to bust though. Whenever i was just starting my layout and i didnt feel high enough i'd pike or bend my legs. I think thats why you don't see many layouts bust, but you see a ton of piked layouts.

I dont think ive ever seen a busted layout either
Hahaha wish I could still say this. Tryouts one year- I busted and crashed right onto my face. I'm pretty sure I saw the tumbling coach that I hated laughing at me .___.

But either way, I just think layouts are ugly unless you get them perfect- which you rarely ever see :(

Well since I posted other peoples bust I thought that I should post my own.
A little back story to the video. I had broken my ankle the night before and had a comp the day after so I was scared that I wouldnt be able to land my pass so I went into the gym and tried it.. This was the ending result. I swear Im alive lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chpxbpufZ38

Back