All-Star U. S. A. S. F. Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it true that the age for juniors could possibly be 15 next year?

The Rules & The Age Grids for the 2011-2013 seasons have not yet been finalized. They will be posted before the end of March.

I am confused? I thought they were supposed to be released March 1st, now we are looking at the end of March? I dont understand?

I understand your frustration, but I don't recall they promised March 1st, just said they had a goal to be done by then.

I would rather they get the rules right than by a certain date

I could be wrong but I thought I saw this date on the usasf site as well as on these boards? I am just saying it would be good for USASF to educate its members on whats going on instead of leaving us hanging. just my opinion.

They have. Give me some time and I'll find it for you or you can search for it. I think it's in the USASF/NACCC rules thread

They have. Give me some time and I'll find it for you or you can search for it. I think it's in the USASF/NACCC rules thread

Its in this thread, towards the beginning. Les gave an update on Feb. 9th.

As previous stated, the rules committee, the USASF Board and the NACCC have been working with a goal, not a deadline, of having the rules finalized by March 1. We are currently in the final stages of this process and they will be posted before the end of March. We have now spent over 30 hours on conference calls and meetings. Many different points of view have been heard and argued and we will do our best to find the best answer for everyone. I wish I could say that we have an ABSOLUTE date for the release of the rules and age grid but all I can say is we will release them as SOON as we have final answers.
Les

Thanks for the update. I believe you deserve many shimmys.

I appreciate the update. I can only speak for my gym, but many of these rules will dramatically effect us. Some good, some not as great. Either way we will make it work, I just wish I had a date to tell my parents to they are in the loop. But I guess, for now, end of March will have to do...

I understand your frustration, but I don't recall they promised March 1st, just said they had a goal to be done by then.

I would rather they get the rules right than by a certain date

The date of March 1st was given as the time the new rules would be released. Whether it was set in stone or not was not indicated. I, too, want them to get them right, but I think 2 months is plenty of time to do so. The voting was done January 7th I believe. Gyms are getting ready to have tryouts. A good governing body would take that into consideration when deciding when to release the new rules.

Man it must be a full moon cause I sure am edgy today... lol

I TRULY hope it does not take util the END of March to get these out.

Will USASF put out a "tweet" when they are out? It will save me from checking the website every day.
wink.png

The USASF will communicate the rules for the 2011-2013 in all of the places available to us.
The USASF Website
Email Blast to our member gyms
Facebook (which feeds our twitter)
And here on the FierceBoard

If you want to make sure you are amongst the first to know, we suggest that you take this time to update your gym profile with the correct contact information, sign up on our email list (click the link below) and become a fan on facebook.

The date of March 1st was given as the time the new rules would be released. Whether it was set in stone or not was not indicated. I, too, want them to get them right, but I think 2 months is plenty of time to do so. The voting was done January 7th I believe. Gyms are getting ready to have tryouts. A good governing body would take that into consideration when deciding when to release the new rules.

Man it must be a full moon cause I sure am edgy today... lol

True, though on the flip side better to get it right. This affects us for 2 years!

Back