Uca Nation Championship Judging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter cheers SRCEL3 and I thought the scoring was odd...the 1st place team dropped 1 whole side of their pyramid day 2 and we hit perfect day 2 ,day 1 we had .50 deduction and they still got 2nd....I understand the raw score is the base but a pyramid coming down should count for much more (deduction, execution, overall impression ) than the. 50 we lost second by...

By the way, I know this is late but just in case anyone else was curious..... because I surely was:
iejuoy.jpg

I am definatly not try to sound rude or bitter but did anyone else notice that the judging at the UCA nationals competition was very partial. When the judges were questioned on how teams with multiple drops received zero deductions their response was judging in subjective. Then why are there rules? Did anyone else seem to notice? Kinda disappointed for the first time in over 5 years
I actually wrote a blog post about this because I noticed all the complaining (not to say you are), but it was enough to make me put it into perspective.

NCA Judges ARE fair! | cheerology

You should definitely read it.

I did read it, thank you for your input, but I never mentioned anything about NCA. We have been NCA national championships and never had a problem with their scoring. We in fact will be in Daytona this weekend at a NCA event competing. The only Varsity event I have ever felt there was a problem with was at UCA nationals in Orlando other than that, I feel they do a fair job of judging and scoring.

Last edited:
Back