All-Star Upa Americup Schedule - Feb 26/27?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With regards to bids, from what I can gather it's pretty much UPA's discretion as to who they wanted to represent them at Worlds.

As to the competition itself, the feedback I got was pretty negative across the board. They had "capacity" issues on day one, the competition ran late both days, nobody understood the scoring and it ended way too late on a school night.

With regards to bids, from what I can gather it's pretty much UPA's discretion as to who they wanted to represent them at Worlds.

Absolutely. However, it was an extremely poor business decision because it went against results and scores, and it turned off a TON of programs to ever returning to UPA. I don't understand their thinking. I don't see the pro in that decision...just cons.

Memphis elite got an at large and they won?
no, elite won grand champs. elite had the highest score of the whole competition and they didn't get the full paid. elite should have got it, then memphis, then nebraska tigers. everyone was in shock. this was the WORST competition I have ever been to. I have a very long list of complaints, but the biggest one of all is how the bids were obviously rigged. IMO they gave it to the gym that brought the most teams. more teams more money, and they wanted them to return next year. congrats to everyone though, but I wish I had been in dallas with the rest of the country.

Absolutely. However, it was an extremely poor business decision because it went against results and scores, and it turned off a TON of programs to ever returning to UPA. I don't understand their thinking. I don't see the pro in that decision...just cons.

The UPA website says that bids are handed out based on "score, rank and judge appeal". I'm not sure what "judge appeal" means or encompasses.

Even if they say bids are based on "judge appeal", wouldn't one assume that higher ranked teams were enjoyed more by judges?

This is sketchy and shady and is yet again another reason why people think all star cheer is a joke. No legitimate sport would have a system where the third place winner was served with a higher reward than the first and second place teams.

"Packers, we know you won the Superbowl, but we find the Steelers more 'appealing'...so we're going to give them the rings instead." Umm...I don't think so.

UPA you should be ashamed. Seriously. Bad, bad business.

I'm glad my team won our level and I'm glad we made it into grand champions. But that's as far as it goes for how happy I was about that competition. UPA needs to figure out their lives if they expect people to keep coming back, but after what they pulled yesterday I highly doubt anyone is going to give them a second chance. Such shady business. I was in shock for at least a half hour after hearing who was getting that paid bid. It was sad to see a team who deserved it and worked hard for it get shot down. Elite definitely should have gotten it. Not a third place team who didn't even make it into the top 10 teams of the senior division. Its just not right. IMO.

no, elite won grand champs. elite had the highest score of the whole competition and they didn't get the full paid. elite should have got it, then memphis, then nebraska tigers. everyone was in shock. this was the WORST competition I have ever been to. I have a very long list of complaints, but the biggest one of all is how the bids were obviously rigged. IMO they gave it to the gym that brought the most teams. more teams more money, and they wanted them to return next year. congrats to everyone though, but I wish I had been in dallas with the rest of the country.

I don't know who you are, or where you're from. But I like you, and we should have sat together. haha

I'm glad my team won our level and I'm glad we made it into grand champions. But that's as far as it goes for how happy I was about that competition. UPA needs to figure out their lives if they expect people to keep coming back, but after what they pulled yesterday I highly doubt anyone is going to give them a second chance. Such shady business. I was in shock for at least a half hour after hearing who was getting that paid bid. It was sad to see a team who deserved it and worked hard for it get shot down. Elite definitely should have gotten it. Not a third place team who didn't even make it into the top 10 teams of the senior division. Its just not right. IMO.

UPA needs to praise baby Jesus my teams werent there and had that happen. Id would still be in MN argueing and demanding justice be served! the RUDE in RUDAGS would have came out!

I don't know who you are, or where you're from. But I like you, and we should have sat together. haha
thank you, i agree! but seriously, i dont care what team people are from, or if they were in dallas or at home, i would take it as a personal insult to the cheer world. while we fight for cheerleading to be a valid sport, they pull something like this?

UPA needs to praise baby Jesus my teams werent there and had that happen. Id would still be in MN argueing and demanding justice be served! the RUDE in RUDAGS would have came out!

haha I would be the same way. I have to say Elite Cheer handled it in the most classy way they could have. They smiled, and clapped for the team that received it, and left when everyone else did. The coaches said that it was just going to make them work that much harder, which I'm not sure is what would be coming out of my mouth after that. haha

haha I would be the same way. I have to say Elite Cheer handled it in the most classy way they could have. They smiled, and clapped for the team that received it, and left when everyone else did. The coaches said that it was just going to make them work that much harder, which I'm not sure is what would be coming out of my mouth after that. haha

That is VERY classy. Like you said - it would not have been handled that way if I was that coach. These are KIDS and knowing how hard my team worked, how much money we would have had to of spent to get to that competition - our athletes parents, etc - I would have been up there defending their honor.

Back