All-Star Usasf 2011-2013 Rule Proposals!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree Bluecat...I never even fathomed the idea of i4 being a Worlds division...I still believe in Worlds being a privilege for level 5 and 6 teams.

As far as just let those who only have layouts and standing backs be on an i5 or i6....WHY? If there was no Senior 4 division would we just let people who dont meet skill requiremenets be on teams like F5 and Stars?

Practicing progression isn't something that should become obsolete once you turn 19, I for one am tired of seeing way below par international teams that try and get by on a handful of fulls or one tuck basket...I'd rather see level 4 created and allow those teams who don't have the tumbling and stunts fit into a more appropriate skill bracket.

I agree Bluecat...I never even fathomed the idea of i4 being a Worlds division...I still believe in Worlds being a privilege for level 5 and 6 teams.

As far as just let those who only have layouts and standing backs be on an i5 or i6....WHY? If there was no Senior 4 division would we just let people who dont meet skill requiremenets be on teams like F5 and Stars?

Practicing progression isn't something that should become obsolete once you turn 19, I for one am tired of seeing way below par international teams that try and get by on a handful of fulls or one tuck basket...I'd rather see level 4 created and allow those teams who don't have the tumbling and stunts fit into a more appropriate skill bracket.

i'm with you on this. i'm a level 4 athlete and had to be on a level 6 team last year. i definitely wasnt comfortable basing all those ridiculous baskets, pyramids, etc. I don't think they should go to worlds, but it should definitely be a division.

i am all for 4.2 open 14 & older some of the level 6 open teams are plain scary & hard to watch & most don't do more than a tuck or layout....i witnessed this weekend @ a competition lv 6 one full was thrown most were ro hs tucks
The thing with open teams though is that tumbling is such a minor part of it in many teams. We're old! We started cheering when All-Stars wasn't so big. At Worlds this year, for open teams, tumbling is only 10% of the score sheet! I bet you'll still see teams doing Level 6, even if they're not really qualified because they'll want to do 2.5 high pyramids and tuck baskets. It's good to have an intermediate division I guess, but I've already been to way too many competitions where we haven't competed against anyone. And this will probably make it even worse. Although it will probably encourage more gyms to create open teams, I still don't think very many existing teams would drop down though.

Im not sure if I like the idea of tosses in level one. Maybe for junior and up. I bet they would work tiny and mini ones to do tosses and I dont think thats safe for them. Also, I think getting rid of junior and youth 5 is a bad idea. There are such talented teams in this division and all those kids have worked so hard to get these skills at such a young age.

I was at the New York meeting where it was brought up to add the open level 4. The reason was to give older athletes a chance to still cheer other than level 6. Everyone felt that most cheerleadersare not prepared to jump to a level 6 team just because you are too old . A lot of people there were against level 6 completely - me included. Just not safe. You have a lot of kids that still want to cheer that are maybe level 2 or 3 or even 4. This division would be perfect for them.

i like pretty much all of them (especially the level 2 rules :D) I think its really cool because its showing how the cheerleading industry is growing and becoming more advanced :D

Adding Open 4 isn't only about the tumbling it is about the stunts as well. Some of those international teams that do level 6 stunts are scary. It is about being safe doing the skills that you are capable of doing. I do not think it should be a worlds division, but I could see a lot teams benefiting from this throughout the regular season.

I am not quite sure why you would be against an open 6. What do you not like about it?

I think adding ANY division unless we take some away is a bad idea. Get rid of Youth 5, Mini 3, Junior Coed, Senior 1, and Unlimited 5 before you add anything else.

Go Level 2? Give me just about anyone who has a desire to cheer over the age of 14 and I can almost GUARANTEE you that I can teach them level 2 skills in a month. Maybe not tumbling, but stunting, dancing, and baskets most definitely. When I was 8 it took me 1 two hour practice to learn how to base an elevator, 2 more for baskets, and a month and a half into the sport I was doing level 3 pyramids. That was taught by unqualified parents who's daughters cheered. Anyone who WANTS to be on a cheer team at the age of 14+ should be able to grasp the skills fairly decent in the span of a month or two. And if they signed up on time then I see no reason why a qualified coach couldn't get at least 10-12 girls doing level 2 skills over the span of 6 months leading up to competition season.

I'm pretty undecided on the Senior level 1 issue, but I will say for certain that I don't know a 14+ cheerleader who DOESN'T have a back handspring but DOES have a back and front walkover... in other words, if they don't have a handspring they also don't have back walkover... not saying they can't learn, but after a certain age learning new tumbling skills becomes more difficult

I wish people would stop and think about what they are saying... If you take away senior lower levels and upper mini/youth levels then it hurts the kids that either don't have the skill or have the skill at their appropriate age.... Then...
It hurts the owners/coaches of the gyms to put food on the table for their wives, husbands and kids by taking away those divisions and those kids not in the gym... Think about it people. These division help make the world go around! Thanks

I know for me personally it was much easier to learn a backhandspring then it was a back walkover and I was in middle school so around the age of those that would be on a senior 1 team. That being said it might be easier to teach those athletes that are 14+ to do a backhandspring then getting them to do a back walkover. I am not for or against getting rid of Senior 1 but I do think that if they are to get rid of any division to add another it would be that one.

I know for me personally it was much easier to learn a backhandspring then it was a back walkover and I was in middle school so around the age of those that would be on a senior 1 team. That being said it might be easier to teach those athletes that are 14+ to do a backhandspring then getting them to do a back walkover. I am not for or against getting rid of Senior 1 but I do think that if they are to get rid of any division to add another it would be that one.

I can see your point! I agree it is easier to do a backhand than a back walkover for most and flexibility is not their like a mini kid etc... But everyone talks about "progression" which I AGREE TOTALY ON and is just as important 4 the older kids safety...

Back