All-Star Usasf Feedback

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

USASF is a complete joke.

Change the age grid, then change it back. Even though it was less than a month later, some people had tryouts in that time. Which power-gym wanted it changed back, and why?

In the meantime, if a category is worth 5 points, make it worth 5 points. If you're going to automatically score everyone between a 4 and a 5, then make the friggin' thing worth 1 point.
This. All of it.

I do not think 5 year old should be on a junior team..
Sandbagging... every comp should have the up/down one level rule. This way level 5's will not be on a level 2 team.
Give out LESS bids to the d1-d2 summit. 58 teams in a division (not including all the teams that got wildcards) is to much! It is suppose to be the "best of the best" not a free for all....
Why not show the scores? I get that they don't want people to contest them or argue with them about them at the event, but it looks shady, and if you want them to know what to improve on, then show them...

I am with you on the sandbagging!! AND For Level 1 teams also!
A teammate of mine told me that she went to a gym that had a R5 team and she was only supposed to fill in on the level 1 team but she ended up staying on the team for the rest of the season.

A teammate of mine told me that she went to a gym that had a R5 team and she was only supposed to fill in on the level 1 team but she ended up staying on the team for the rest of the season.

I feel like this sort of situation happens wayyy to often! Its breaks my heart to see true level 1/2/3 kids that work so hard get beat by level 5 kids that are competing way lower than they should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean if a gym (A very very small D2 gym) has a total of lets say 16 athletes and has 2 teams. A Junior 2 and a Senior 4.2 team. The Junior team has 8 athletes and the guy or girl that can tumble. Would you still allow the kid to be on the team?

I feel like this sort of situation happens wayyy to often! Its breaks my heart to see true level 1/2/3 kids that work so hard get beat by level 5 kids that are competing way lower than they should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I somehow forgot to say that she was also on the R5 team*

I think their should be less summit bids, I think comps outside of NCA should literally only give out like 1 paid and 1 at large per comp.

Not 3 paid and 10 at large. If these teams aren't out scoring the whole competition or heck even just the whole level then they shouldn't go.
There are times when 3 or 4 bids go to 1 level. That's a little much.

I watched the whole division of several divisions at summit. And I know some just had bad days but u could tell they were a good team... but others literally were hitting 0 and I knew wouldn't even crack top 10 for finals.

I understand why gyms are letting them go, so I'm not blaming them there. I just feel like there needs to be way less bids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think their should be less summit bids, I think comps outside of NCA should literally only give out like 1 paid and 1 at large per comp.

Not 3 paid and 10 at large. If these teams aren't out scoring the whole competition or heck even just the whole level then they shouldn't go.

I watched the whole division of several divisions at summit. And I know some just had bad days but u could tell they were a good team... but others literally were hitting 0 and I knew wouldn't even crack top 10 for finals.

I understand why gyms are letting them go, so I'm not blaming them there. I just feel like there needs to be way less bids.

Especially some level 4 teams I've seen. Once I saw a team that had 10 people on it and literally (not lying) 3 of them did a jumps to back hand spring back tuck. Half of them did layouts (or pikes atleast). I feel like if you have teams who do this, you need harder stunts, more creativity, and a good pyramid to make up for the lack of tumbling skills. Think outside the box in pyramids, try different stunts, etc. I haven't seen many teams (in general) who do this season.

Please~
Provide public education and tutorials on scoring and technique. Include things such as requirements to hit a maximum score in a category by level, why certain skills score higher than others, proper technique, etc.

Strive to provide level protection for a fair playing field and maximum athletic development.

If a rule can not be enforced without high cost, contract interference, or political/public retaliation, remove it until it can be revised.

Thank you~
I realize there's trial and human error, ever changing research and safety laws, high cost in research and legal fees, varying levels of business owners, varying levels of trained personnel (judges and coaches), venue size and contracts, US and foreign laws, and lawyers telling you risk and cost. I realize mistakes are going to happen especially in a young governing body, and the USASF is far from being a joke or as simplistic as we try to make it.

Some sort of rule in place to address sandbagging. No gym should be getting away with level 5 kids on a level 2 team.

This!!! My level 1 CP had to compete against another "level 1" team that didn't see anything wrong with placing a level 5 athlete on it. Difficult because my CP was on a true level 1 squad.

I wish the Summit rules for crossing over to other levels would be enforced all year long.

I agree somewhat since the amt of teams in J2 and J3 at least at D2 was ridiculous. I wish there was a way it could be more evenly distributed. Makes you not want to be in that division when you know it's almost impossible to do well..

But I do hope you mean Cheersport as well (not just NCA) and possibly other big comps around the country
Not everyone goes to NCA or even Cheersport.

Please~
Provide public education and tutorials on scoring and technique. Include things such as requirements to hit a maximum score in a category by level, why certain skills score higher than others, proper technique, etc.

This x1000! I have said for years that there wouldn't be nearly as much drama over where teams place if parents were informed about scoring! I have talked many a parent off the SM ledge by explaining to them WHY the team placed where they did. All it would take would be a couple of youtube videos to explain score sheets!

Back