Varsitys New Rule Of 5 Max Crossovers Between Worlds And Summit?

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by cheermomforever, Jul 8, 2013.

1. dawgshow

dawgshow Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    If she has solid level 5 skills I do think that it's inappropriate to cross down to a 3. It's not against the rules, so not cheating.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

2. itsHimtrae

itsHimtrae I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    _traysocray
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
  3. TheDivineCheerYaYaSecret

TheDivineCheerYaYaSecret I will call you out on your cowardice.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    So what about the team the athlete DOESN'T chose to compete on at The Summit? If they were a "worker" for that team then their team is relying on them to compete with them. They must be one of the better stunters/tumblers/jumpers/dancers for that team. It would be incredibly disappointing for the team that was left behind so to speak. I would not want my CP to be in the position of having to decide which team OR to have one of her team members having to make that decision. Of course this is in the case of both teams having a bid to the event.

4. 12stepCheermom

12stepCheermom Best Parent and Grammar Teacher '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I see what you've defined here as sandbagging. My daughter crosses from a JC5 (because that's her age group and hence primary team) to a SMC5 because they need strong main bases for those stunts and that has always been her forte (she backspots...totally new for her...on the JC5) The skill set is the same. I don't see that as cheating nor sandbagging. It's the same skill level.

Now if she was crossing to the 4.2 or the J3.... That might be something else... Then again, it might not.

As a level 4 two years ago she filled in for an injury on a J1 at the last minute. But she also didn't tumble because the girl she filled in for didn't have a pass. That was one thing I really respected about Aviator (may it RIP). At one competition there were four J4s (one who had progressed to a full by then) filling in for absences and injuries on other teams...a J1, S2, Y2 and a J3. Not a single one of those kids had a tumbling pass at that competition because the people they filled in for didn't have one. Aviator didn't take the opportunity to jack their tumbling score when they really could have.

So IMO it's not as black and white as "all crossovers as cheaters."

5. AndrewSky

AndrewSky Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I do think people tend to forget there is a difference between crossovers and sandbagging

6. G_Carter

G_Carter I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Ghyzell
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    IMO:
    This is such a hard topic because there will always be situations in which will require different actions. For example, injuries. It's hard to find someone out of the gym because they may be in a different gym or sport. And most likely coaches will not pull in a stranger of the cheer world in the middle of the season. This I understand may need a crossover. With that example said, I also think there are the "cheating" crossovers. Like said before, an example would be L5 to L3,L2 etc,. That should be common sense. You have a L5 with the skills and you use that team to cross it over to a lower level? Personally, that shows lack of determination, drive, and hard work. Choosing to crossover to that level also tells me that an easy way wants to be taken. Yes,you have a better chance of winning, but you're cheating your way through. The L5 work effortlessly while the lower levels work their butts off to perfect it. I think a better guideline needs to be set up about crossovers, but for now 5 is better than having unlimited crossovers.

7. stuntjumptumble

stuntjumptumble Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I do tend to forget that sandbagging and crossing over are different. But you guys do understand where I'm coming from and what I'm saying. Crossing to the same level and filling in for an injury is perfectly fine. But yes I have a strong opinion on sandbagging, I really hate it

8. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The sad part is some teams do sandbagging on purpose to win!!!!

9. AndrewSky

AndrewSky Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Oh I feel you. I mean, we practically agree on everything anyways.. :p. But, at a competition a few years, a small team of 20 won a certain division, and when they went up to the stage to accept their banner, only 8/20 were present, because the rest were backstage in warm ups for level 5. To me, that's unfair and irrational.

10. stuntjumptumble

stuntjumptumble Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Ugh yes I hate that so much. A small gym in my area had a senior 2 this year; 6 of the 20 girls were level 2. The rest were level 4/5. Whaaaat

11. gofriars610

gofriars610 Moderator Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I just think it's weird that there's a restriction on crossovers between two completions that are run by (technically?) different EPs. Like if NCA said that there was a limit of 5 crossovers between their competition and Jamfest supernationals, for instance... I think people would be singing a different tune.

12. gofriars610

gofriars610 Moderator Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    *competitions, thank you autocorrect

13. cheerforcebboi

cheerforcebboi I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Sooooo we fought for a couple years to eliminate cross overs at worlds due to fairness, just to have them welcomed back?! How stupid is that....

14. cheernerd5678

cheernerd5678 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Nobody is bringing crossovers back to worlds?