All-Star Want To Be On A Cheer Reality Show?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are people going to be informed that this team was not already from this gym and that they tried out specifically to be on this show? Otherwise I feel like it's kind of dishonest to let people believe that these kids were already together. Like you can't really bill this as a documentary

Are people going to be informed that this team was not already from this gym and that they tried out specifically to be on this show? Otherwise I feel like it's kind of dishonest to let people believe that these kids were already together. Like you can't really bill this as a documentary

As of right now, we're planning to air the tryout process so the audience will be invested in the characters...kind of like on Idol.

You're just going to have to trust me on this one. I get it...you said you don't like reality...so why would you like a reality cheer show?

I'm just weighing in. Obviously if you have gone as far as preparing a casting, it's certainly not going to suddenly halt and change direction because some dad in Florida thinks it's a bad idea. And just to clarify, I said I don't like reality TV, not reality. I also said I wouldn't mind a reality show on cheer; just think you're going about it the wrong way. Sounds more like you're trying to build a gym of superstars rather than highlight the true nature of the sport.

Hopefully someday someone will see the marketability of highlighting several programs in one reality show. Following them throughout the season could be awesome. And this way you don't destabilize all the best programs across the country. You get your superstars and big personalities, and the rest of the world gets to watch REAL cheerleading where a true teams created and tested over time with superstars and average joes alike win Worlds.

Either way, I will hope for the best. Not just for your sake, but for the sake of the sport as a whole.

Note to everyone: I am NOT trying to take cheerleaders from any program that they may be involved in. I am simply trying to cast a show....not that it's that simple....LOL . Just had to throw that out there. If tentative teammates can fit a show into their schedules, that's great. If not, maybe another time. I just don't want anyone to be mad at me for that, because it's not the case.

But you are going to take cheerleaders from a program they are already involved in. At this point, most athletes have already tried out for their respective programs. Are you saying that if someone gets picked to do the show they can cheer for both your TV program team and their current team? How is that going to work? Isn't that against the rules? Did I miss something??

I'm just weighing in. Obviously if you have gone as far as preparing a casting, it's certainly not going to suddenly halt and change direction because some dad in Florida thinks it's a bad idea. And just to clarify, I said I don't like reality TV, not reality. I also said I wouldn't mind a reality show on cheer; just think you're going about it the wrong way. Sounds more like you're trying to build a gym of superstars rather than highlight the true nature of the sport.

Hopefully someday someone will see the marketability of highlighting several programs in one reality show. Following them throughout the season could be awesome. And this way you don't destabilize all the best programs across the country. You get your superstars and big personalities, and the rest of the world gets to watch REAL cheerleading where a true teams created and tested over time with superstars and average joes alike win Worlds.

Either way, I will hope for the best. Not just for your sake, but for the sake of the sport as a whole.
More teams in one season means a much bigger budget. It's not smart, production-wise. We will highlight other teams at the events we're competing at. But who knows, maybe season 2 would be elsewhere...maybe in your area.

Also, audiences tend to become disinterested if there are far too many characters to invest in.

CO5 = 20+ members? If you're casting an entire team, that's 20+ personalities on camara. If you were to follow a small group of select athletes from each major gym, that's... 10 - 15. Seems like you would have less characters in this instance. I can see production costing a bit more, simply due to travel. But, I see it having a much higher market value and appealing to more audiences. We'll see! Only time will tell.

@thesquadshow I'm honestly not understanding the premise for the show...I don't understand how you can audition athletes and form a team without that team competing under a USASF member gym's name, especially if you plan for them to be an "underdog" story at competitions.

@thesquadshow I'm honestly not understanding the premise for the show...I don't understand how you can audition athletes and form a team without that team competing under a USASF member gym's name, especially if you plan for them to be an "underdog" story at competitions.

I have it under control. I just can't give away all the details. I didn't say that they would be undergogs either...I said I liked an underdog story. I'd like for it to be, but if it doesn't work out that way...oh well! It'll still be good!

I have it under control. I just can't give away all the details. I didn't say that they would be undergogs either...I said I liked an underdog story. I'd like for it to be, but if it doesn't work out that way...oh well! It'll still be good!

Sorry. Underdogs...I can't spell today.

has anyone emailed you saying they are interested? ddon't know how much you can disclose..but i hope to see some familiar faces

has anyone emailed you saying they are interested? ddon't know how much you can disclose..but i hope to see some familiar faces

Can't disclose too much yet, but most are pretty well known. Oddly enough, cheer's become a pretty tight-knit community, huh? Everyone seems to know everyone.

Latest posts

Back