All-Star Want To Be On A Cheer Reality Show?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm really not a fan of this idea. I will probably be in the minority, but a show like this scares me with regard to how it may affect the overall impression of cheer in the mind of the average American. It is already a struggle to get many to see this as a sport, now we're going to use "zero reality TV" to deliver the message?? I for one hate reality TV. Mainly because on most shows it portrays not actualy reality, but rather, a staged reality. And most of it is filled with the exact OPPOSITE of what I try to teach my children at home. It's fighting, jealousy, envy, spoiled, juvenile, arrogant, tactless, immoral, sexual, backstabbing and the list could go on and on. IMHO, it's one of the reasons why American kids today have such a screwed up compass toward what is important in life.

I'm more a fan of the type of show that would document a specific gym, similar to what they were doing with the New Jersey cheer team. At least in that type of scenario you are getting real genuine reactions between people who have known each other for years, all in the midst of their struggle to work hard and be the best. This is simply going to be a bunch of electrons bouncing off of each other without any true connection between individuals. And when it's all said and done, depending on the way it was produced, it could send and INCREDIBLY bad message to young Americans who either cheer or are interested in cheer.

It's not reality. Reality is a team of individuals coming together, some good, some great, and putting it all together to be the best they can be. And I can't even begin to imagine the problem this may cause for gyms out there who may now lose one of their best athletes to be on a TV show. I just don't know if this really sends the right kind of message.

In my humber opionion, you would be better off choosing to follow some of the top athletes in the sport throughout their season while they trained and competed at their home gyms. There would be plenty of drama, courage, perseverance, and victory, to keep your audience entertained. Any one of us who are parents or athletes on this board can confirm that!

Not only that, but it would serve as a platform to highlight some of the best teams in the industry. What could be better to promote the sport of cheer than that???? The show would end showing the incredible emotion that comes from winning or losing after putting in everything you've got to win Worlds. What better ending could you ask for... and what better prequel to the next season.

Hey peeps, throw this out onto your facebooks and see if we can get some more opinions on here. This being our slow time (the summer has about 85% less people than the season) you are only getting opinions of the hard core fiercers. Share the link around (click the Like button at the bottom) and lets get some more opinions on this one.​

I think this has potential. Honestly, I will watch any show about cheerleading! Your only problem is shooting in Kentucky. You should film in Wisconsin so then I can try out ;)

I do find it a little funny that when there was a show from another team how everyone here on the boards went on for pages begging, and pitched how great it would be to have a reality show about cheerleading.. Some people want a full time cheer channel even. Here is a group that seems to want to make a reality show about what you asked for Cheerleading.. You need programming in order to have a channel. Yet what is happing here is people are grilling and killing the idea before it is off the ground.

I can only hope that the program is entertaining and does not show the sport in a negative.. I can only hope that it does not show the coaches as crazy and out of control. I can wish and hope for a lot of things, but until the show is in the can and we get a chance to view it, how can we be negative about something everyone on this board seems to ask for and wants, A Reality TV show about Cheerleading.. I know one one of the things that i enjoy about the sport is the strong personalities and that cheer swagger with the kids.. I could very well be a funny program. Look what FOX did with GLEE, who would have thought a program about a glee club would be a smash hit.

Give the man a break and lets see what he does., JMO

Cool! Haven't heard much from him since me moved from Jayhawks and Atlanta to LA. That would make sense. If it is filmed in Kentucky I assume some GT involvement (besides them what other IOC5 is from that state that is highly competitive?).

I'm really not a fan of this idea. I will probably be in the minority, but a show like this scares me with regard to how it may affect the overall impression of cheer in the mind of the average American. It is already a struggle to get many to see this as a sport, now we're going to use "zero reality TV" to deliver the message?? I for one hate reality TV. Mainly because on most shows it portrays not actualy reality, but rather, a staged reality. And most of it is filled with the exact OPPOSITE of what I try to teach my children at home. It's fighting, jealousy, envy, spoiled, juvenile, arrogant, tactless, immoral, sexual, backstabbing and the list could go on and on. IMHO, it's one of the reasons why American kids today have such a screwed up compass toward what is important in life.

I'm more a fan of the type of show that would document a specific gym, similar to what they were doing with the New Jersey cheer team. At least in that type of scenario you are getting real genuine reactions between people who have known each other for years, all in the midst of their struggle to work hard and be the best. This is simply going to be a bunch of electrons bouncing off of each other without any true connection between individuals. And when it's all said and done, depending on the way it was produced, it could send and INCREDIBLY bad message to young Americans who either cheer or are interested in cheer.

It's not reality. Reality is a team of individuals coming together, some good, some great, and putting it all together to be the best they can be. And I can't even begin to imagine the problem this may cause for gyms out there who may now lose one of their best athletes to be on a TV show. I just don't know if this really sends the right kind of message.

In my humber opionion, you would be better off choosing to follow some of the top athletes in the sport throughout their season while they trained and competed at their home gyms. There would be plenty of drama, courage, perseverance, and victory, to keep your audience entertained. Any one of us who are parents or athletes on this board can confirm that!

Not only that, but it would serve as a platform to highlight some of the best teams in the industry. What could be better to promote the sport of cheer than that???? The show would end showing the incredible emotion that comes from winning or losing after putting in everything you've got to win Worlds. What better ending could you ask for... and what better prequel to the next season.

You're just going to have to trust me on this one. I get it...you said you don't like reality...so why would you like a reality cheer show?

I do find it a little funny that when there was a show from another team how everyone here on the boards went on for pages begging, and pitched how great it would be to have a reality show about cheerleading.. Some people want a full time cheer channel even. Here is a group that seems to want to make a reality show about what you asked for Cheerleading.. You need programming in order to have a channel. Yet what is happing here is people are grilling and killing the idea before it is off the ground.

I can only hope that the program is entertaining and does not show the sport in a negative.. I can only hope that it does not show the coaches as crazy and out of control. I can wish and hope for a lot of things, but until the show is in the can and we get a chance to view it, how can we be negative about something everyone on this board seems to ask for and wants, A Reality TV show about Cheerleading.. I know one one of the things that i enjoy about the sport is the strong personalities and that cheer swagger with the kids.. I could very well be a funny program. Look what FOX did with GLEE, who would have thought a program about a glee club would be a smash hit.
Thanks for that. Let me mess up before you get mad at me....please!

Give the man a break and lets see what he does., JMO

Cool! Haven't heard much from him since me moved from Jayhawks and Atlanta to LA. That would make sense. If it is filmed in Kentucky I assume some GT involvement (besides them what other IOC5 is from that state that is highly competitive?).

Just talked to him a couple days ago. GT?

Just talked to him a couple days ago. GT?

GymTyme.

College and Allstar feel like separate worlds sometimes. As good as U. of Kentucky is, it never really feels like the heart of the Cheer World. Really the cheer World feels like it has about 7 hearts. Texas, New Jersey, Georgia, North Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, and Cali.

Sounds interesting... At first I was a little skeptical (which is only normal) but it's sounding like a great idea.. Hopefully it all works out well!! I will definitely be watching at least the first episode

In my defense, I must say that every team isn't made up of 100% Pollyanna's. I want to show the reality of cheer... the different personalities to let people see their differences...and how they resolve their issues to reach a common goal. If there were no big and bold personalities, who would want to watch? I wouldn't. People watch certain TV shows because they're invested in certain characters.

Latest posts

Back