What level rules need to be fixed or clarified?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to beat the dead horse but, IMO, you should NEVER even think about learning a 1.5 step out or a kick full before you have competed a solid double so that would go against the spirit of Sr Open 5...

Also does anyone agree with the ambiguity of the level 3 full up rule or is it just me??

Full ups should stay level 4 and 5. Or full ups to prep level in level 3...? Not sure what I think of this. Haha

Since senior open 5 is becoming a major division this year, I think they should allow 1.5's as well and kick fulls. Everything UP to 2 twists...jusss sayin

NO NO NO....NO!! Not a good idea. I think it needs to go the other way and take away skills... no standing fulls, no jumps to fulls..all fulls in standing tumbling must originate from a standing bhs. Running tumbling no flip skill to full and maybe no tumbling out of fulls? I go back and forth with this...

Haha so that was the wrong thing to say...whoops, didn't mean to offend, just an opinion. I understand all points made here and respect them.

This is a question I asked before and noone seemed to be able to answer it for me. A few years ago I was on large senior 4, during a second stunt we did stretch, power press, kick single. This now does not make sense to me. It seems to me that it should be illegal. If a double (two skills) must be done at from two legs, then a kick single (two skills) should have to be done from two legs. I thought maybe we called it "an entry to a basket", but then couldnt you do stretch, power press, double anddd it was "an entry to a double basket". OR, were we illegal at the time and noone took notice to it because it was cool (hey it happens).

If this is legal, some how, i would love to see level 5 teams end their stunts with stretch, kick double :)

Oh, I had no idea. Either way, I thought it was really neat.

I remember that! When we were watching them, we were supposed to yell that with the music.

I heard that the girl that flipped got her hair pulled ALOT when they first started doing that..Haha :)

I remember that! When we were watching them, we were supposed to yell that with the music.

I heard that the girl that flipped got her hair pulled ALOT when they first started doing that..Haha :)

I bet!! Doesn't seem like it would be that fun to be the person being flipped! lol

I think there needs to be a limit on how high back spots hands can go on flyers legs in level 2 stunts I feel like any flyer could sit and the stunt could be saved

TOTALLY agree with this one!!! backspots should not be allowed to brace the flyer any higher than below the knee. if they are touching the back of the knee or higher it should be illegal. I have seen WAY too many instances where the flyer would never have been able to hold the stunt if it were not for the backspot doing all the work. They cannot properly learn how to fly when someone is holding their balance for them. Same should go for Level 3, although it's not as common as level 2.

In my opinion level 4 tosses rules need to be a little more lenient. The flyer should be able to perform two tricks to a single twist (i.e. hitch kick full, pretty girl kick full, kick kick full, etc) Its not adding much difficulty and the options to be creative are so much greater.

pretty girl kick full

Not related to level 4, but I don't think I've seen this at all.

I would think it would be incredibly difficult to do a kick after hitting the pretty girl at the top.

Not related to level 4, but I don't think I've seen this at all.

I would think it would be incredibly difficult to do a kick after hitting the pretty girl at the top.

I actually like allowing the pretty girl kick single because it is now required to have trick kick baskets in level 5. So were not only learning to double twist in the basket, but trick trick double twist.

This is a question I asked before and noone seemed to be able to answer it for me. A few years ago I was on large senior 4, during a second stunt we did stretch, power press, kick single. This now does not make sense to me. It seems to me that it should be illegal. If a double (two skills) must be done at from two legs, then a kick single (two skills) should have to be done from two legs. I thought maybe we called it "an entry to a basket", but then couldnt you do stretch, power press, double anddd it was "an entry to a double basket". OR, were we illegal at the time and noone took notice to it because it was cool (hey it happens).

If this is legal, some how, i would love to see level 5 teams end their stunts with stretch, kick double :)

They're at like :50

Wait is that still legal cause it looks so good!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back