What level rules need to be fixed or clarified?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I truly believe that Senior Open 5 should be basic level 5 skills, maxing at 3 toes to tuck and running bhs fulls. No granted last year since that rule was not in place did I take advantage of it..yes, but for a team that in transitioning from Level 4 to level 5, that is the biggest step. I don't think standing fulls shoud be allowed at all in Senior open 5.

for us, my daughter is excited about moving up to level 4. Level 3 tumbling became boring for her( except seeing how high she can do her tuck pass)lol.. even now she has all level 4 and the season hasnt started and is occasionally landing her twist.. I'd like her to slow down since she is only 13..

I am sure there are some level 4 specialty passes that she can work on! Plus very few kids have perfect technique so she can also work on trying to make everything as technically perfect as she can. That will help a ton when she hits a growth spurt and then hopefully won't lose any tumbling! If you need some ideas of level 4 passes, there are quite a few people on the boards who can help. There are tons of fun combinations to try!!

Two of my (current) favorite level 4 running passes are:
1. Front handspring front roundoff backhandspring layout
2. Roundoff backhandspring whip whip whip back tuck to immediate punch front steppout round off backhandspring layout stepout

Two of my favorite standing level 4 passes are:
1. Toe touch backhandspring back tuck backhandspring backhandspring layout
2. Back extension roll backhandspring backhandspring whip backhandspring backhandspring layout

I think level 3 tumbling needs to be revisited because going to level 4 is such a jump. You add standing tucks, bhs tucks, bhs layouts, and combo running passes into layouts. Especially since you can't really do any combos into tucks in level 3 other than front handsprings or a stepout through to tuck.

I also think level 2 teams should be able to do toe touch baskets only. Doing straight rides for 9 months to me is a very slow progression.

YES!!!! The art of the toe touch basket has been lost...all we see in level 3 is twists. So would love it if level 2 could do toe touch baskets, pike baskets, pretty girl baskets...just NO twists in level 2. Leave the twisting to level 3!

In level 4 hitch kick full baskets would be a nice addition.

AGREE!

i think level 3 rules need to be changed a little, and allow a little more freedom.
with tumbling, i think in level 3 you should be able to do standing handsprings to a tuck. in every other level you can do the running skill from a stand, except for level 3 (ex: level 5 handsprings to full/double, level 4 handsprings to layout..). I also dont get why in level 4 you can do standings to a tuck, and to a layout but you cant do it in level 3... also i think front tuck stepouts into tumbling should be allowed as well.
I definetly agree with what the other posters said about changing the rules for release moves as well.

I agree to an extent, but I think Toe touch handsprings should be allowed in Level 2, and TT BHS multiples in Level 3.... TT handspring tucks to me were always rough, I think they belong in the level 4 category because they are so much more difficult than throwing a tuck in a pass

In Level 4, it says bases must keep contact with flyer at all times(exception tick tocks)... How about a ball up stretch? Can I do tick tocks that full on the way up? Also, should a switch up be the same amount of difficulty as a "true tick tock" which starts and ends fully extended? Or the other method of ticktocking from a power press? To me, these should all be different levels of difficulty...

Also in Level 4, it says nothing specific about fullups... I know we can hit full up extended to 2 legs, but what about one leg? Can I do a full up in body position- like the full up heelstretch that Shooting Stars had this year or CEA did theirs in a lib?

None of this is clarified in the rules, please help!

In Level 4, it says bases must keep contact with flyer at all times(exception tick tocks)... How about a ball up stretch? Can I do tick tocks that full on the way up? Also, should a switch up be the same amount of difficulty as a "true tick tock" which starts and ends fully extended? Or the other method of ticktocking from a power press? To me, these should all be different levels of difficulty...

Also in Level 4, it says nothing specific about fullups... I know we can hit full up extended to 2 legs, but what about one leg? Can I do a full up in body position- like the full up heelstretch that Shooting Stars had this year or CEA did theirs in a lib?

None of this is clarified in the rules, please help!

For legal reasons in level 4 you can do release moves as long as they dont go above the bases extended hand position. Ballups are technically legal if they are performed with not too high a release. I didn't see anything about twisting release moves, so you should be allowed to do those.

You also seem to be asking about different levels of difficulty in a scoring sense. On a strictly raw score (excluding execution) doing a ballup tick tock should score higher than a ballup.

In level 4 it says you are allowed to do up to 1 1/2 twisting mounts. Catching one foot or not doesnt matter (as far as rules go).

In level three stunts it says:

Full twisting transitions may land or originate from prep level or below only.

I mean I know the point but the may/only thing and the land OR originate thing are worded very poorly IMO... I mean you can probably argue that "land or originate" means one or the other but not both... It probably should be-

Full twisting transitions must land and originate from prep level or below only.

Unless you ARE allowed to only do one or the other

I am sure there are some level 4 specialty passes that she can work on! Plus very few kids have perfect technique so she can also work on trying to make everything as technically perfect as she can. That will help a ton when she hits a growth spurt and then hopefully won't lose any tumbling! If you need some ideas of level 4 passes, there are quite a few people on the boards who can help. There are tons of fun combinations to try!!

Two of my (current) favorite level 4 running passes are:
1. Front handspring front roundoff backhandspring layout
2. Roundoff backhandspring whip whip whip back tuck to immediate punch front steppout round off backhandspring layout stepout

Two of my favorite standing level 4 passes are:
1. Toe touch backhandspring back tuck backhandspring backhandspring layout
2. Back extension roll backhandspring backhandspring whip backhandspring backhandspring layout

are there any others, I personally dont like whip backs, she can do them.. she has the standing tumbling you mentioned and the one running, can she do an arabian in level 4? she has that
open to any tumbling pass ideas, somthing unique to work on, and any 1/2 twisting is out correct, .. and could someone please explain to me the difference between a main and a backer? Thanks for all the helpful info..

elitemompa said:
are there any others, I personally dont like whip backs, she can do them.. she has the standing tumbling you mentioned and the one running, can she do an arabian in level 4? she has that
open to any tumbling pass ideas, somthing unique to work on, and any 1/2 twisting is out correct, .. and could someone please explain to me the difference between a main and a backer? Thanks for all the helpful info..

Main and backer in stunting you mean? A main base is the one who gets the whole foot. A back spot has the ankle(s).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Extreme Thunder All Stars Sm. Jr. 5 I believe. They are from Oklahoma. It was actually really creative! haha I liked it.

Extreme Thunder may have, but I also know Tribe Renegades did it as well. They had a voiceover in their music that said "Stop! Pulling! My hair!"

Extreme Thunder may have, but I also know Tribe Renegades did it as well. They had a voiceover in their music that said "Stop! Pulling! My hair!"

Oh, I had no idea. Either way, I thought it was really neat.

Since senior open 5 is becoming a major division this year, I think they should allow 1.5's as well and kick fulls. Everything UP to 2 twists...jusss sayin

Since senior open 5 is becoming a major division this year, I think they should allow 1.5's as well and kick fulls. Everything UP to 2 twists...jusss sayin

I think this is too advanced. This division is for the kids who are just entering the ability to tumble at a level 5. If you have those tumbling skills, you are most likely close to a double, where you could make a senior 5 team if your gym offers it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That would totally destroy the reason for the division. It is a division to develop and train level 5's not stack level 5's who could not/did not make the premier level 5 teams at their gym.

Back