What level rules need to be fixed or clarified?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But do you think when they made the rules to say "double braced" that they intended for that to be a bracer on EACH side of the flipper and then people who are really good at finding the gray areas took it and turned it into double braced on one side of the flipper??? Or was it intended to be just as it is? I just always thought double braced was meant to be a bracer on each side.

They left more grey in the description for level 4 than they did for level 3 so I assume their intent was purposeful.

Honestly double bracing in level 4 is harder than single bracing. It won't happen, but I would all be for single braced flips in 4 and single braced twisting flips in 5.

They left more grey in the description for level 4 than they did for level 3 so I assume their intent was purposeful.

Honestly double bracing in level 4 is harder than single bracing. It won't happen, but I would all be for single braced flips in 4 and single braced twisting flips in 5.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. :)

for us, my daughter is excited about moving up to level 4. Level 3 tumbling became boring for her( except seeing how high she can do her tuck pass)lol.. even now she has all level 4 and the season hasnt started and is occasionally landing her twist.. I'd like her to slow down since she is only 13..

That is great that she has all these skills but dont slow her down unless she is getting injured. The earlier she learns the skills the better. slowing her down migth get her to be bored with the sport and she will loose her drive. At her age this is the time to push the skills.

Double braced just means two people touching it. So you can do it on one side. In level 3 they are pretty explicit about having to use both arms.

Ultimately it might have to be clarified. Remember the team at NCA that had the person bracing by holding the girl's pony tail?

Coaches will find grey areas.

ACEDAD said:
Ultimately it might have to be clarified. Remember the team at NCA that had the person bracing by holding the girl's pony tail?

Coaches will find grey areas.

Ouch! Who did that?!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

This thread is fantastic. Keep it up. You guys are finding all kinds of things that we need to review on the Rules Committee... Especially the discrepancies with the credentialing exam. We have a conference call in the am, and i'll copy the
committee on things that need immediate attention. Anything you find that doesn't make sense, needs to be differently worded or is inconsistent.. Let's hear it

This thread is fantastic. Keep it up. You guys are finding all kinds of things that we need to review on the Rules Committee... Especially the discrepancies with the credentialing exam. We have a conference call in the am, and i'll copy the
committee on things that need immediate attention. Anything you find that doesn't make sense, needs to be differently worded or is inconsistent.. Let's hear it

If you truly are looking for weaknesses/discrepancies in the rules it would probably benefit to go by level. I don't know if that is your last meeting for a while, but I know there are level 1 coaches on here that know the rules like the back of their hand like you know level 5. They would know the ins and outs and what should be changed. If it is not too late I can make 5 separate threads and invite all coaches to come in and 'tear apart' the rules.

Please, please have them address the dragged on, never ending, beat the dead horse discussion of cross overs and their usage.

Don't know how it would be done, but those at the higher levels and rule makers hopefully can come up with a way to control it.

Sorry to bring it up yet once again, but it really needs to be addressed.

Sr. Open 5 needs to require a backhandspring entry into fulls.

I don't tHink whip fulls should be in open 5 either.

Senior open 5 adjustments:

1. Standing tumbling - No standing fulls. No Jump to Fulls. Fulls must come from a bhs entry.
2. Running tumbling - EITHER -
a. No tumbling out of fulls. (should focus on specialty pass TO full - like Arabian thru to full) --OR--
b. Allow tumbling out of fulls but can not be connected flight skills. (r/o bhs full bhs bhs full would be ok, but r/o bhs whip full
would not be allowed)

I like option 2 better.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Senior open 5 adjustments:

1. Standing tumbling - No standing fulls. No Jump to Fulls. Fulls must come from a bhs entry.
2. Running tumbling - EITHER -
a. No tumbling out of fulls. (should focus on specialty pass TO full - like Arabian thru to full) --OR--
b. Allow tumbling out of fulls but can not be connected flight skills. (r/o bhs full bhs bhs full would be ok, but r/o bhs whip full
would not be allowed)

Kingston - I originally thought that I would like option 1 much better, but I have had some time to think about it. I do think that option 2 is a much better option which will still allow the kids to learn progressions. I just wish someone would actually take the time to look at the progressions and what this level is supposed to be...

Back