All-Star What Questions Do You Want Answered About Worlds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SharkDad

Most Positive, Best Parent '12
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 15, 2009
I can't promise anything, but I'll try to compile a list and continue to follow up until their is an answer to all of your questions. Even if it's "we're not going to answer that"

The issues I know about:

1. The Bangkok rules discrepancies (boys on the floor, pyramid, and tumbling legalities)
2. Some divisions settled a tie by skipping places, some had the next team get the next place (i.e. IOC6 tie for first, the 2d awarded but not 3d, 3-way tie for 7th, but next team got 8th). Can someone give me the specific examples of this?
3. What, if anything, did USASF/IASF do to control underage drinking at Worlds?

What else?

I can't promise anything, but I'll try to compile a list and continue to follow up until their is an answer to all of your questions. Even if it's "we're not going to answer that"

The issues I know about:

1. The Bangkok rules discrepancies (boys on the floor, pyramid, and tumbling legalities)
2. Some divisions settled a tie by skipping places, some had the next team get the next place (i.e. IOC6 tie for first, the 2d awarded but not 3d, 3-way tie for 7th, but next team got 8th). Can someone give me the specific examples of this?
3. What, if anything, did USASF/IASF do to control underage drinking at Worlds?

What else?
The 3 way tie for 7th was in small limited, with 8th, 9th and 10th still be awarded.

Any rules being broken- Why is there a sorry answered for some and then nothing done in some instances and not others... No matter who's fault it was unintentional or intentional it is a rule and should be taken care of... Whats there answer to this? This is not a bash but a simple question

cheer8 said:
Any rules being broken- Why is there a sorry answered for some and then nothing done in some instances and not others... No matter who's fault it was unintentional or intentional it is a rule and should be taken care of... Whats there answer to this? This is not a bash but a simple question

Give me any specific rules violations you know of. These are always best comong from affected teams in the divisions, but I'll add them to the list

Yes please find out why Tx Cheer didn't get the bronze when clearly in other divisions a tie did not skip placements :)

Thank u!!!!!!!!!

I'm not judging any of your questions so I am asking looney else does. After I have a list, if I can find the answer myself I will, everything else I will ask.

I'll do what I can to get a response, be it "here is why" "we'll do better next time" "oops my bad" or "no comment"

With all these things with Bangkok going on, I'm wondering how in the world did they (=the USASF) catch the illegal athlete that was performing with the team from Germany. They were even disqualified for the illegal athlete (one person was too young to compete in IOC6). They were a team that flew a long way to be there, too - but they now have to live with the consequences of the disqualification and not placing at all, whereas Bangkok did not have to experience any consequences at all (neither for too many boys on the floor, nor for the illegal elements) - that's at least the information I got as of right now. If the USASF decides to "punish" (I'm missing the right english word right now :confused:) teams for illegalities, they should do it for all of them and not for a chosen few teams.

kingston said:
Please ask that question as an addendum in the thread sharkdad started. It is a worth question. Because the ICU allows 15 and up for participants and more than 12 boys. If that team from Germany was at all the same or related to the ICU team than they may have a case for not disqualifying them?

I'm putting my original post and King's answer from the other thread in here (just for background info). My question would be: why would one team (= Team Germany) be disqualified for not following the rules, and another team (= Bangkok) could still win worlds?

Give me any specific rules violations you know of. These are always best comong from affected teams in the divisions, but I'll add them to the list
I will just wait and bring them up in Doral and other regional meetings!

socratesofcheer said:
Why do we wait until worlds to train the judges on the worlds scoresheet?

Who said that is what happened?

Who said that is what happened?

I believe standard protocol is to look at these sheets about two weeks before the event. They are not used anywhere else so most judges would have to wait until they are done judging other events.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Back