All-Star What's The Freakin' Problem? And, Where Does It Freakin' Extend.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Two years ago at NCA Georgia Coed 4 had to take out the word "butts" in their dance "I like big butts". They subsituted for the word GA and a bell or whistle, but everybody knew what word was suppose to go there. It seemed a little dumb to me. Since when is the word butt a bad word? But .... guess they were warned before they came.

As a Cali alumni, I was part of the Cali Freakin Fornia beginning and it caused a lot of fuss at the gym. But as time went on it grew on us and it became a part of the athletes, the coaches, the parents, and fans. Its hard to see such a simple sensitive word be taken so negatively. Personally, IMO, I don't think half of the little girls running around at cheer comps know or care what "freakin" means. Although, many do these days! Either way, a word doesn't take away from who Cali is or what we represent. I was taught to be a classy, respectable, young lady, would represents not only my team, but my gym, and I think that's all that matters. Not the word "freakin" being taken out of Cali's routines. (end rant)

As a Cali alumni, I was part of the Cali Freakin Fornia beginning and it caused a lot of fuss at the gym. But as time went on it grew on us and it became a part of the athletes, the coaches, the parents, and fans. Its hard to see such a simple sensitive word be taken so negatively. Personally, IMO, I don't think half of the little girls running around at cheer comps know or care what "freakin" means. Although, many do these days! Either way, a word doesn't take away from who Cali is or what we represent. I was taught to be a classy, respectable, young lady, would represents not only my team, but my gym, and I think that's all that matters. Not the word "freakin" being taken out of Cali's routines. (end rant)

*who represents... oops :)

This is all kinda silly!! I guess this will be the cheer mix of the future....and if so can some at Cali-freakin-fornia just shoot me with a bullet now;)lol!

I think there is sizable difference in "X-ing someone out" and saying "orange crush" and saying "freakin" in a routine. I'm not saying "freakin" is terrible, I've heard worse. But as it originated, freakin was toned down replacement for a different F-word. I used to get in trouble around my house for saying "freakin" because even my mom understood the connotation.

I specifically remember Justin Carrier saying something along the line of if a lyric or voiceover makes the crowd think of something....dirtier, it could be considered for a deduction. Well, maybe not so much this younger generation, but I know for a fact if my mom heard freakin in a cheer routine, she would associate it with the F-word. My grandparents would be appalled, it's just the way times have changed. These people attend cheer competitions, and this is what I think they are trying to avoid. X-ing someone out or the Georgia Beat Down don't really associate themselves with foul language, which is why...in my opinion...they are on different levels.

Taking out a voiceover is nothing to get upset over. It's not going to take anything away from their amazing talent or their awesome routines. =)

amen for level headed people like you katie :)

i remember the first time listening to this mix:

and being all..

f0vi4k.gif

and when it reached 1:04, i was all:

avpvdk.jpg

hahahahaha that cat face just put me through it. If the rules change people, play by them...or don't play...meoww

Back