All-Star Why Didn't Anyone Do Level 6 Tumbling At Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Interesting, I've never really seen any level 6 tumbling in all of the level 6 routines I've ever watched. I shall now go on youtube...
This was brand new last year. There used to be almost no restrictions on the level 5/6 tumbling and they were the same, you just couldn't flip more than once or spin more than twice (double). Once they added the restrictions to level 5 last season they didn't change for level 6, so now they are slightly different.
So up through 2012 you will see level 5 teams doing standing doubles, full doubles, double doubles, etc. but now those are only legal in level 6.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Whitney axtaully did do level 6 tumbing in the Genesis routine. But they didnt even go to worlds this hear because they didnt get the bid.

True but most cases are when it comes to level 6 is that if you a tumbler you mostly tumble & spot, don't really have to stunt. A couple of my friends are on our level 6 team and all those guys do is tumble.
Tumbling is 15% of the worlds scoresheet for level 6. It's kind of added as an after thought a lot of the time - "well now we have to squeeze in our required tumbling section." But building is 65% so unless you don't have other options, a coach will take a stunter over a tumbler. In my experience, tumblers tend to prefer level 5 where their tumbling will be highlighted.

This was brand new last year. There used to be almost no restrictions on the level 5/6 tumbling and they were the same, you just couldn't flip more than once or spin more than twice (double). Once they added the restrictions to level 5 last season they didn't change for level 6, so now they are slightly different.
So up through 2012 you will see level 5 teams doing standing doubles, full doubles, double doubles, etc. but now those are only legal in level 6.

I actually couldn't agree with their decision more. To me, it actually doesn't make sense that (for example) in level 4 you can do layouts and then all of a sudden, in level 5, you can do full doubles. It makes more sense to do fulls in level 5 and doubles in level 6.

Last edited:
Back