All-Star Winter Weather And Cheer Comps...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is everybody in New England....

More like everyone in the south if the temperature drops below freezing. hahah

But really, everyone makes fun of how us southerners freak out over a little bit of snow and cancel everything. It's really for the best because people don't know how to drive here. One time when I was in grade school it iced over a little at night. They didn't cancel school and attempted to run everything on time. A school bus went out to pick up kids and slid off the road and flipped. Only the driver was on it and they were ok, but it was enough to scare our town away from trying that again.

This storm here in New England is a million times worse than i expected. Everything is completely shut down. I cannot even see our cars in the driveway - covered all the way to the top. There must be close to 3 feet!
Yikes!!

In 2006 my all star team from Maine was competing at ECA Nationals in Virginia but there was a snow storm so only half of us made it there on time. It was a two day competition and we were unable to compete on Saturday so by the time everyone got to virginia it was saturday night and day 1 was over so we had to wake up super early Sunday morning and compete twice in one day .. It was intense !

I grew up in GA. (See above pictures..) they once cancelled my high school "because it was going to snow." Yeah... Not so much.

I'm in South Carolina. Once in high school they let us out early because it was cold and rainy.

And My freshman year of college we got 17 inches. The world ended. The cafeteria ran out of food. They wouldn't let us leave campus by vehicle. My friend and I walked 2 miles to a Chinese restaurant to bring back rations to those left behind. I began to pen my memoir....

This storm here in New England is a million times worse than i expected. Everything is completely shut down. I cannot even see our cars in the driveway - covered all the way to the top. There must be close to 3 feet!
Yikes!!

Yep, my town is at 26". The driving ban is still in effect in MA and the subway is going to be closed all day today as well.

So glad I don't have to shovel!

But really, everyone makes fun of how us southerners freak out over a little bit of snow and cancel everything. It's really for the best because people don't know how to drive here. One time when I was in grade school it iced over a little at night. They didn't cancel school and attempted to run everything on time. A school bus went out to pick up kids and slid off the road and flipped. Only the driver was on it and they were ok, but it was enough to scare our town away from trying that again.
In MO we aren't even southerners and we get snow a couple of times each year (although not really this year, only like once and no snow day:() but people don't know how to drive either. Two years ago my bus got into an accident in my neighborhood when it was icy and last year my bus went off the road into a little ditch when it was icy. They apparently didn't learn the first time that my bus driver apparently can't drive in snow. Neither can anyone else - the day we slid into a ditch, probably only half of the school actually came to school... everyone else's parents were too scared to drive.

just to show yall what im dealing with.... we've gotten close to a foot and a half of snow since last night and it keeps on coming. last year we only had a slight dusting. also canadians its winter, please for the love of god get snow tires. i have seen one to many people fishtailing tonight

My sister lives half the time in Toronto (other half in Chicago). She is loving all the snow. I'm jealous! All the pictures are making me sooooooooo homesick. :( We got some snow, but nothing like everyone east of us got.

I remember that. It was a special needs bus too. I was a senior and my mom kept Teryn and me at home even though they hadn't cancelled school. My (ex) boyfriend went to Flora and came to my house afterward and was like...all of the monitors were like "the kids whose parents don't really love them sent them to school today"

I'm laughing at some of these stories. I used to love getting snow days when I was in school, though they were rare. Mostly just delayed openings, which were always annoying. Our winters were worse when I was younger. Seems as though there's been less snow as I've gotten older. The Blizzard of '96 was probably the last time we had a real good storm. I was in HS, and the state was shut down for 3 days. The snow was over my head (I'm 5'2). Took 9 solid hours to free us from the house. We bought a snow blower the next year lol. Today I woke to 9 inches, and I really really don't want to do the driveway...haha

I'm laughing at some of these stories. I used to love getting snow days when I was in school, though they were rare. Mostly just delayed openings, which were always annoying. Our winters were worse when I was younger. Seems as though there's been less snow as I've gotten older. The Blizzard of '96 was probably the last time we had a real good storm. I was in HS, and the state was shut down for 3 days. The snow was over my head (I'm 5'2). Took 9 solid hours to free us from the house. We bought a snow blower the next year lol. Today I woke to 9 inches, and I really really don't want to do the driveway...haha

blizzard of '96 was the greatest. i was only 6... but my dad built me a 5 foot snow-raccoon (Meeko from Pocahontas) and even spray painted him. it was the best. and then in '02ish? they closed school for an entire week (though still no where near the 96 blizzard)

i'm sort of sad we only got like 4 or 5 inches here... though snow on the weekends is useless. if it doesn't cancel work it's a waste :p

Our main highway here is literally closed with trucks/cars stuck, there is no way many people would of gotten to Hartford today.

In North Carolina, school gets closed with litteratley a CENTIMETER, I'm not joking, I have gotten out of school early because of freezing rain and had 2 Three hour delays because of "snow" aka. rain

My sister lives half the time in Toronto (other half in Chicago). She is loving all the snow. I'm jealous! All the pictures are making me sooooooooo homesick. :( We got some snow, but nothing like everyone east of us got.
I actually don't mind it because I use to live near Georgian bay so naturally all the lake effects made us get a ton of snow every year. I will say it was rather funny watching a few people on my street shovel snow with a broom, and others dig their cars out because they were parked on the road and snow plies boxed them in.

Back