All-Star Woooooo Saaaaaahhhhh

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you aim at nothing..you will hit it everytime!
My personoal favorite...a client of mine gave me this advice..." If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow...you are probably peeing all over today"......:)

Something my partner and I say to each other (okay mostly him to me when I'm freaking out about comp):

"They might have experience, but they haven't got us."

We might not have the skill or years of experience, but we have an incredible bond and faith in each other. When we walk on the mat, it's just us and nothing else matters. No one fails, no one falls and no one gets hurt, it's just the way we roll :D

BowCat said:
Something my partner and I say to each other (okay mostly him to me when I'm freaking out about comp):

"They might have experience, but they haven't got us."

We might not have the skill or years of experience, but we have an incredible bond and faith in each other. When we walk on the mat, it's just us and nothing else matters. No one fails, no one falls and no one gets hurt, it's just the way we roll :D

I <3 U

this thread makes me happy. :cloud9:
some of my favorites:

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam." Latin proverb for "I'll either find a way or make one."

"Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation." Elizabeth Gilbert

"You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be." Elizabeth Gilbert

“At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don’t keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That’s how we’re made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them." - Grey's Anatomy

@njallday using two of my favorite places to get quotes - EPL and Grey's!

This is one of my favorite threads, btw. I'll have to add more that I've saved over the years when I get home.

@njallday using two of my favorite places to get quotes - EPL and Grey's!

This is one of my favorite threads, btw. I'll have to add more that I've saved over the years when I get home.

I could quote the entire book! there really is a quote relevant to every life situation in there.

Had to share more:

No matter how steep the mountain is, God is going to climb it with you.

God has a marvelous plan for your life. Have faith, believe in yourself, and let your light shine from within.

God has your story written out. All you have to do is have faith and courage and turn the page.

Make the most of every moment, you never know what surprises may come your way.

Make it your goal to be that ones person that the little girls look up to and say, "I want to be like her someday"

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.

:)

ife is tough, that's a given. When you stand up, you're gonna be shoved back down. When you're down, you're gonna be stepped on. My advice to you doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles. It's no secret, you'll fall down, you stumble, you get pushed, you land square on my face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it. Remember this, success has been and continues to be defined as getting up one more time than you've been knocked down. If experience has taught me anything, it's that nothing is free and living ain't easy. Life is hard, real hard, incredibly hard. You fail more often than you win, nobody is handing you anything. It's up to you to puff up your chest, stretch your neck and overcome all that is difficult, the nasty, the mean, the unfair. You want more than what you've now, prove it! You want beat the very best out there that is, get out there and earn it! Once you decide that, you'll know where it is you want to be, then you won't stop pushing forward until you get there! That's how winners are made. At the end of the day, success is what we all want. We all wanna win, and the race will be won. There is no question about that. So c'mon, get out on top, run faster, dream bigger, live better than you ever have before. This is in you. You can do this. Do it for yourself. Prove it to yourself.

I am in love with this one <3

ife is tough, that's a given. When you stand up, you're gonna be shoved back down. When you're down, you're gonna be stepped on. My advice to you doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles. It's no secret, you'll fall down, you stumble, you get pushed, you land square on my face. And every time that happens, you get back on your feet. You get up just as fast as you can, no matter how many times you need to do it. Remember this, success has been and continues to be defined as getting up one more time than you've been knocked down. If experience has taught me anything, it's that nothing is free and living ain't easy. Life is hard, real hard, incredibly hard. You fail more often than you win, nobody is handing you anything. It's up to you to puff up your chest, stretch your neck and overcome all that is difficult, the nasty, the mean, the unfair. You want more than what you've now, prove it! You want beat the very best out there that is, get out there and earn it! Once you decide that, you'll know where it is you want to be, then you won't stop pushing forward until you get there! That's how winners are made. At the end of the day, success is what we all want. We all wanna win, and the race will be won. There is no question about that. So c'mon, get out on top, run faster, dream bigger, live better than you ever have before. This is in you. You can do this. Do it for yourself. Prove it to yourself.

I am in love with this one <3
I absolutely love this!

Something I wrote to a little flyer friend of mine who has a terrible mental block on baskets (and our biggest comp is coming up this weekend):
The ability to get on the mat and cheer from your heart when you're tired, scared and frustrated separates a true cheerleader from the girl who just goes through the motions. I know you've got the heart, now go and prove it to yourself.

I am also a firm believer in hugging out the bad reps :D Blame never helps a skill.

Just saw this on tumblr and thought of this lovely thread :)
"A champion is someone who does not settle for that day's practice, that day's competition, that day's performance. They are always striving to be the best. They don't live in the past"

Some of our owners and coaches qoutes:

"To Give anything but your best is to sacrifice the gift"

One of my favorite quotes! But this is actually from Steve Prefontaine. He was an incredible runner who died in a car accident in 1975. He died while training for the Olympics, in '76. My best friend's sister is a great runner and I remember hanging out in her room and just reading the posters with Pre on them and thinking he was an amazing person.
In his career, he won 120/153 races, he never lost a collegiate race while at the University of Oregon, and he held the American record for every event over a mile (6 events) at 24 years old. Here are some more quotes by him, but the one already posted has to be my all time favorite.

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him,' and I just took off."
"How does a kid from Coos Bay, with one leg longer than the other win races? All my life people have been telling me, 'You're too small Pre', 'You're not fast enough Pre', 'Give up your foolish dream Steve'. But they forgot something, I HAVE TO WIN."

Back