All-Star Worlds 2014 Meme Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are competitions in Germany that have a rule very similar to this: from the time the first person of the team steps on the mat you have 30 seconds to set up your team and then the routine has to start or you get deductions. You also have 30 seconds after the routine ends to get the team off the mat. Coaches can only step on the mat if the routine is stopped in case of injury. And the first coordinated movement marks the beginning of the routine (so all those 5,6,7,8 "insert team name or whatever is shouted then" and everyone does their starting position of the routine would already be the beginning of the routine). You can hug and tackle all you want during those 30 seconds, but let me tell you: 30 seconds is not much and you won't have time for that.
I'm pretty sure the "first coordinated motion" is technically a rule for most comps here it just isn't enforced. Never has been.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

In Michigan high school cheer you have 2:30 seconds on the mat after you actually begin. The second you finish your routine you run off the sides of the mat THEN you can celebrate. The timer doesn't stop until the last girl has both feet off of the mat. I have never had a desire to celebrate on the mat.

I'm pretty sure the "first coordinated motion" is technically a rule for most comps here it just isn't enforced. Never has been.

It was just recently made a rule at one of the bigger competitions here, and I didn't think it would actually be enforced, but I saw quite a few teams do it day 1 and I don't remember really seeing anyone do it day 2, so maybe people were actually warned about it. Kind of a stupid rule in my opinion.

They should have that 30 second on and off rule for every comp. There was a team at UCA this year that had a girl sit on the mat and put her shoes and brace on. Those are the ridiculous things they should be limiting not the celebrating.
At spirit cheer nationals in WA one of our flyers ran up on stage and someone stepped on both of her feet, untying both shoes and one fell off. It took her like 2 minutes to tie them :oops::p We still joke around with her about it:D

What constitutes a high five? What if the hands slap below shoulder level? To me that's not a high five, that's a regular five, or just" five".
Is there a penalty for a low five?
What if an athlete only has four fingers on one hand?
What about fist bumps? How about the exposing fist bumps?
.......jeeeeez!!!! The possibilities are endless here.

Can everyone come together and pull a Stick It? Everyone break the rules

let's not get crazy
tumblr_mk5452r49F1rn5vflo6_250.gif

I agree with all of the deductions for the most part, the excessive celebration is not allowed in other sports (ex football). The only one that I don't like is the pre performance rituals...1) why does it matter what a team does backstage as long as it doesn't affect another team 2) who will enforce it? USASF employees siting backstage?

A rule I also personally find ridiculous... WGAF??

Back