All-Star Worlds And Summit Travel

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure what your bid is covering either. Our full paid bid covers registration and our kids hotel rooms for 4 nights. We are responsible for air and food. It might cover coaches costs as well since they are not asking for any more money from us.

Exactly the same for us! I bought Little Bit a one way flight Thursday morning (don't want her exhausted before the weekend even starts) and she'll drive home with us Tuesday . I book and pay the flight straight to the airline. We've never had an issue with kids not getting there.

Even during the regular season we have a day and time to be in the city and a few hotel block options we can book which I pay directly to the hotel. Flights are the same. If I need to fly I book and pay the airline. Again, we've never had an issue with kids not getting there. (Blizzards and snow storms to Majors or NCA is the exception....)

The argument that, well, we have to make sure everyone gets there is ridiculous. If a gym owner really thinks there's a child whose parents are so lost in space that they couldn't possibly get their kid to Orlando on time, then replace that child and let the parents know why. I mean, seriously. That makes my head hurt from rolling my eyes so hard.

The argument that, well, we have to make sure everyone gets there is ridiculous. If a gym owner really thinks there's a child whose parents are so lost in space that they couldn't possibly get their kid to Orlando on time, then replace that child and let the parents know why. I mean, seriously. That makes my head hurt from rolling my eyes so hard.
I imagine your wallet is hurting too...

What time do they usually start competing on Friday? I had to book our flight on Thursday evening bc I have finals that day. We will get to Orlando around 830. So I was just wondering if it will be an early start or later since it's only wild card teams on Friday???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time do they usually start competing on Friday? I had to book our flight on Thursday evening bc I have finals that day. We will get to Orlando around 830. So I was just wondering if it will be an early start or later since it's only wild card teams on Friday???

ICU is on Friday. At Large prelims do not begin until Saturday morning.

**Silly owner, that's NOT how the big gyms really do it**

It used to be that if you had a block of seats on a plane you were "guaranteeing" the price against increase, along with the ability to give names at a later date. In the last few years, the airlines are not giving great pricing to these blocks, so you are basically paying for the ability to change names, which works great for gyms who might want to make changes to their roster, not so much for the athletes and their parents. These blocks are usually also held with a $50 pp deposit and final payment due about 30-45 days prior. You are basically paying for the gym's ability to do whatever they want up until final payment. Now, on the other side of the coin, the gym is making sure that the parents who don't purchase when they should are tied into flights. I can understand that as well. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard of parents the week of Worlds WHO DO NOT HAVE FLIGHT. Not sure if they were thinking the prices would go down, did not have the money, etc. If you look at your flights in the block and price them to purchase right now, you will probably see a much cheaper total. You would have change fees if you wanted to change, but I think that is still a better option than tying your team to more expensive block flights.
This! This year is the first year I let parents and kids choose how they wanted to go to UCA nationals instead of requiring everyone to book through me as a group. I left on Wednesday for nationals. Had a layover. When my first flight landed I turned on my phone to find messages from a parent to tell me they just realized their cp didn't have a flight!!! There is always that parent!

This! This year is the first year I let parents and kids choose how they wanted to go to UCA nationals instead of requiring everyone to book through me as a group. I left on Wednesday for nationals. Had a layover. When my first flight landed I turned on my phone to find messages from a parent to tell me they just realized their cp didn't have a flight!!! There is always that parent!

You had no idea this parent wasn't "that" parent? Come on, you always know because they are in la la land most of the time. Lol

My gym has us book our own flights and you can choose to stay on or off property. The gym sends out a questionnaire about a week or two before and it asks the flight number, the flight times, whether or not we're staying on property and what days we are arriving and leaving, we have to be there by Thursday afternoon and leave on Monday.

It would kill me to pay for on site hotels for cp. Our part of whole house we rented is what the cost for her part of a room would b. Have your parents ever said anything about your decision for on site? Just curious. Even with a FP bid this year (of course the year cp is done with cheer) most r renting houses.

No they've never said anything. They know starting in June of the season what the requirement is.

The only reason we decided to go the on site route was due to our first time at Summit we made finals in J3 and had a practice the day of finals. Athletes who stayed off site forgot pieces of their uniforms and missed the practice as they had to go back to their hotels off site. Now that we take multiple teams the logistics of ensuring everyone is where they're supposed to be is easier if all athletes are on site.

As @katiecheer mentioned, this is why you require parents to turn in travel itineraries so you know they are set.

Gouging customers is not the best way to go.

**Silly owner, that's NOT how the big gyms really do it**

You had no idea this parent wasn't "that" parent? Come on, you always know because they are in la la land most of the time. Lol

Honestly no. They've cheered for me 2 years, not a single issue, late payment, clueless moment until this one! The problem was that it was a divorced family. She thought he took care of it, he thought she did. If I would have bet on which kids family this text would have come from they would have been way down on the list. My money would have gone to the parents that went to the wrong STATE to pick their daughter up from camp last summer. That was a first for sure! It baffles me how clueless some parents are.

Honestly no. They've cheered for me 2 years, not a single issue, late payment, clueless moment until this one! The problem was that it was a divorced family. She thought he took care of it, he thought she did. If I would have bet on which kids family this text would have come from they would have been way down on the list. My money would have gone to the parents that went to the wrong STATE to pick their daughter up from camp last summer. That was a first for sure! It baffles me how clueless some parents are.

The wrong state??? Now that's funny.

I feel for team parents and coaches sometimes. I know from my years in baseball, football, etc. with my son, some people should be sterilized at birth! Oy!

Back