All-Star Worlds Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For non-international teams that compete on Friday ( Small Senior and Small Small) it is very nice. But it's kinda double edged sword. The more you compete in a venue the more comfortable and the more experienced you are. If a very strong team in the division just had an at-large competing 3 times in 3 days is not necessarily a bad thing.
Hadn't thought of it that way. We're an at large in the sm sr coed with about 51 other teams.

Ummm, approximately $2500 minimum raw costs for flights and accommodation, all for one minute of floor time. I think I win (or lose lol!).

Oh nooo! How long have you had your bid? Hopefully you've had plenty of time to fundraise :-\

Are you IOC6?

Can you ask you friend how I can upgrade my 5 day tickets to a 6 day? I am seeing that the worlds package would be considered a convention ticket and can't be upgraded. I have not been able to find that information anywhere. Thank you.

I tried to do this last year, and Guest Services swiped the pass and told me they are not eligible for an upgrade. The reason I was given was that the tickets were discounted at the rate they were with the understanding that you could not upgrade.

Things may have changed from last year, but wanted to let you know.

I tried to do this last year, and Guest Services swiped the pass and told me they are not eligible for an upgrade. The reason I was given was that the tickets were discounted at the rate they were with the understanding that you could not upgrade.

Things may have changed from last year, but wanted to let you know.

Thanks for the heads up. That's what I thought but haven't been able to find the information anywhere.

Oh nooo! How long have you had your bid? Hopefully you've had plenty of time to fundraise :-\

Are you IOC6?
I'm only doing ICU partner. Found out two weeks ago so no time to do much fundraising :( but there's no way I'm letting money get in the way of a fantastic, amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity. No matter how much it may hurt financially now, I'm never going to regret representing my country and walking onto the worlds floor for the first time ever with my best friend. There are some things that mean more than money (even in this economy!) and I think this qualifies :)

I've got a question - I heard that if you have a Disney Park Hopper pass - you don't need to pay to get into watch at any of the venues? Is that true?

Last year when I was on Team Korea, it was about 2000 dollars for the flights and the hotel (we stayed at All Star Music). And of course we had to have some money to spend as well, so all together it cost roughly 2500 dollars. It was worth it though, and was one of the best experiences of my life. I'm still jealous about how cheap it is for American teams to go to worlds compared to international ones :D

I've got a question - I heard that if you have a Disney Park Hopper pass - you don't need to pay to get into watch at any of the venues? Is that true?
I do believe that is true, because once you have the park hopper that allows you through the gates at Wide world of sports so you should be all set. =) I do wonder if you have an annual pass for Disney and you live in Cali if you can use the same one in Florida?

I wonder how people afford this...our Spring Break is 2 weeks before Worlds. My CP will be worlds eligible next year and she wants to do both. Thats if she even gets a bid but I'm trying to figure out how the heck we could do both. Do you guys go anywhere for Spring break too? Thinking we may go down the week before for Spring break and then just stay for Worlds...I guess if you want to go to Worlds you have to give some stuff up...like Spring break. lol

I wonder how people afford this...our Spring Break is 2 weeks before Worlds. My CP will be worlds eligible next year and she wants to do both. Thats if she even gets a bid but I'm trying to figure out how the heck we could do both. Do you guys go anywhere for Spring break too? Thinking we may go down the week before for Spring break and then just stay for Worlds...I guess if you want to go to Worlds you have to give some stuff up...like Spring break. lol

In my experience (this will be my CP's 6th year going to Worlds) there is no longer such a thing as Spring Break. The teams will be getting ready for Worlds which usually means lots of extra practices and NO missed practices for the month of April. So, no need to worry how to afford both. If your on a Worlds team there will be no time to go on Spring Break. ;)

Back