All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I found out who the team with the boy is. I took my mother to see the CL movie. She had herself a little cry during the piece on TGLC (hence "the boy"). She's very happy HE won worlds :D

My mom went me too. And then come to worlds for the first time (a close family friend competed) she was pointed out all the coaches from the movie. And of course her favorite team is Cali smoed.

that's so crazy to me. and not just sepsis, toxic shock. you always hear about TSS and each month the tampon box warns you about it.. but i started to think it was a myth because no one actually got it. did she have any symptoms prior to the fever and shaking? or did it hit that fast? (and i really, really hope symptoms were not ignored because worlds week and "the show must go on") that's terrifying, either way. prayers for her and her family!
From what I can gather online (which isn't much more than what was posted here), symptoms started very late Saturday/very early Sunday morning. She was rushed to the hospital immediately.

that's so crazy to me. and not just sepsis, toxic shock. you always hear about TSS and each month the tampon box warns you about it.. but i started to think it was a myth because no one actually got it. did she have any symptoms prior to the fever and shaking? or did it hit that fast? (and i really, really hope symptoms were not ignored because worlds week and "the show must go on") that's terrifying, either way. prayers for her and her family!
The research I did said it comes on very quickly.

there are many more causes for this than only tampons. it's more common as many might think. it's pretty scary. I hope this girl recovers well. once you've been affected with it, there is a higher risk you'll get it again. luckily they discovered the reason pretty quickly. definitly keeping her and her team in my thoughts!

there are many more causes for this than only tampons. it's more common as many might think. it's pretty scary. I hope this girl recovers well. once you've been affected with it, there is a higher risk you'll get it again. luckily they discovered the reason pretty quickly. definitly keeping her and her team in my thoughts!
Right- like men can acquire it as well, as can any age group

It's funny because the world champ performances weren't going so hot either. So you can't really say people are just making excuses because their favorite didn't win.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

From what a couple girls on Great Whites (who really didnt do very well in their encore performance), no one really wanted to be there doing the world champions showcases from what they had heard/seen. They had just gotten out of awards and had a bit of down time (less than an hour) before warming up again, then standing outside in the heat for 20ish minutes (after their initial wait after warm ups) while they tried to fix the sound, then expected to go out and do a good full out. Its like one of them said to me "I've hit this routine and just won Worlds, why do I have to go do it again for fun?"
I like the idea, but doing it outside, at 8-12 at night a mere 2ish hours after 3 of your divisions just finished is kinda dumb.

Someone told me last week they knew the secret and that that was it. I forgot until you just mentioned it.

I thought the secret was a new dance or new dance music? I love them but I usually quit watching at the dance regardless of the team so I wouldn't notice.... But the whole world knew about those shoes. It was all over tumblr that LL and SS were wearing them at worlds from the moment they debuted at one up

So I just finished catching up with this thread, my fingers are numb and my eyes are fried. Just a couple things I want to say
1) these World Champ performances make absolutely no sense to me. Like if I had just poured my heart out on that mat and won, the last thing I'd want to do is go full out again -_-

2) wasn't one of the reasons they implemented that no celebration/ 30 seconds on the mat rule to keep the competition running in a timely manner? I call bull poop

3) UPASF needs to get it together

4) hopefully we have more teams that hit than not next year

5)Praying for every athlete that got injured or sick this weekend ♥
And with that I return to reality.

So I was looking on the VOD that I paid $55 for and I can't find any ssx videos this weekend? :(

edit: can't find any small senior videos... this is odd.

Back