All-Star Your/your Cp's Tryout Goals For 2018/2019?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That’s exciting @littlestALLSTAR!!!!

Goals for CP include no injuries or concussions and to work through her fear of flying that she developed as a result of her bad stunt fall this season and sustained whiplash and a concussion and lost a month of school in December. I think she’ll be on Y2 again and she is prepared for another season. She just wants it to be a better season than what she just finished.

She’s been working on her RBHST and can do her standing tuck with a finger spot and has had all of her L3 running tumbling for over a season but I don’t want her stressing this season. Even though she’s really small she’s mentioned wanting to learn how to stunt but most people just laugh and think she’s joking. I’m sure there are small bases and I think she’s do a good job too.

I can't remember what season it was, but I remember there was a base on SSX one year who had to be under 5 feet tall. It was a pretty noticeable height difference, but they made it work just fine.
Thanks! That’s encouraging to hear. I’ll have to go looking for some videos to show her.

That’s exciting @littlestALLSTAR!!!!

Goals for CP include no injuries or concussions and to work through her fear of flying that she developed as a result of her bad stunt fall this season and sustained whiplash and a concussion and lost a month of school in December. I think she’ll be on Y2 again and she is prepared for another season. She just wants it to be a better season than what she just finished.

She’s been working on her RBHST and can do her standing tuck with a finger spot and has had all of her L3 running tumbling for over a season but I don’t want her stressing this season. Even though she’s really small she’s mentioned wanting to learn how to stunt but most people just laugh and think she’s joking. I’m sure there are small bases and I think she’s do a good job too.
I don't know know if 5'1 is considered short but that's how tall I am and I base so it's definitely possible! That's awesome that she wants to learn a new position, some of my best teammates are the ones who have done almost every position!

I'm 5'2 which some people don't consider all that short, but I've been basing for 10 years and this is the first season I've had a flyer shorter than me, and it's barely lol. CEA c4 has a beast base this season who's really short too!

My older CP doesn’t really care, she doesn’t mind staying on level 4. Her dream team is the 4.2 team at our gym but her tumbling is so good, I told her why would she set her tumbling limits so low. She has level 5 tumble skills, so she said she will throw them but just hopes to make level 4 again.

My little CP just wants to get off of Mini 1, 4 years of it is enough. she’s shooting for Youth 2 but she’s still mini eligible for 1 more year(she’s behind that cut off by 6 days) so she might end up on mini 2. I’d be cool with that.

Edited to add: older CP has been a flyer for the past 2 years but has gain 3 inches and 10 lbs this year. We don’t know whether she’ll fly or base but she’s good either way because she can do both. Lil bit based, flew, and back spoted this season. She like 50lbs soaking wet. But is 4’3” at 8 years old. She’s not really a great flyer but she’s so little basing and backspotting.

Last edited:
I love hearing about awesome short bases. This is encouraging. When I say she’s short I mean she’s short! She’s the smallest on her team but she makes up for it in strength and personality. She just turned 9 and she’s all of 4’1” and maybe 50lbs soaking wet but she’s strong. Our gym has some stunting clinics coming up and I’m going to sign her up to learn. Thanks again. When I tell others I’m all for her to stop flying and become a base I get looked at like I have 4 heads but if she feels good about and it gets her excited again about a sport she loves I’m all for it.

I love hearing about awesome short bases. This is encouraging. When I say she’s short I mean she’s short! She’s the smallest on her team but she makes up for it in strength and personality. She just turned 9 and she’s all of 4’1” and maybe 50lbs soaking wet but she’s strong. Our gym has some stunting clinics coming up and I’m going to sign her up to learn. Thanks again. When I tell others I’m all for her to stop flying and become a base I get looked at like I have 4 heads but if she feels good about and it gets her excited again about a sport she loves I’m all for it.
Two years in a row I based with a girl who was 4'11" on our Worlds L5 team. It's definitely possible!

My older CP doesn’t really care, she doesn’t mind staying on level 4. Her dream team is the 4.2 team at our gym but her tumbling is so good, I told her why would she set her tumbling limits so low. She has level 5 tumble skills, so she said she will throw them but just hopes to make level 4 again.

My little CP just wants to get off of Mini 1, 4 years of it is enough. she’s shooting for Youth 2 but she’s still mini eligible for 1 more year(she’s behind that cut off by 6 days) so she might end up on mini 2. I’d be cool with that.

Edited to add: older CP has been a flyer for the past 2 years but has gain 3 inches and 10 lbs this year. We don’t know whether she’ll fly or base but she’s good either way because she can do both. Lil bit based, flew, and back spoted this season. She like 50lbs soaking wet. But is 4’3” at 8 years old. She’s not really a great flyer but she’s so little basing and backspotting.

If you dont mind me asking...
If the 4.2 team is HER dreamteam,why would you be against it?
She has obviously put in the work needed,to get to the specific tumbling skillset needed for lvl 5. An accomplishment on its own,and from what you type she has competed lvl 4.
Could it be that she isnt that deadset on throwing it in routines?

I absolutely get not wanting to aim too low,but if she doesnt truly wants to be on a lvl 5/r5, then thats going to show, one way or another,during the season.
As she is the one putting in the hours and work,she should be on a team that SHE truly wants to be on, and not on one where she is doing it for someone else (within limits,team needs before indiviual and all that).
She could still enjoy her skills during open gyms/clinics.

Back