OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Is anyone else bothered that there's so many posts in allstar this week that should be in other sections? Like several "skills" threads and a few prayer requests. It's driving me crazy each time I look at the first page.....Maybe it's just me freaking out about organization. *shrug* Oh well

that was a very long story.. with no real point other than I am on the same page as you and these are random things i ponder throughout the day. was my teacher insensitive or was this girl way too easily offended?
*Cut for length*

I don't know. My grandfather was sent here by his mother so he wouldn't be forced to fight in WWII (he was 18 and we're Italian), and my family's been back/forth before they all settled here. I've missed the brunt of it- most of my grandparents/relatives of that age are dead, so I've never really heard what it was like for them when they came over. I sometimes wonder if I can be a bit insensitive, but then I wonder if it's just a harsh truth? I know people consider Hispanics, Indians, people from the Middle East, etc the new wave of immigrants, although whether or not it's the 'same' (all my relatives came through Ellis Island, there is no such passage for this age), but it's something that we have to focus on. However, nobody in my family's history was ever a slave, so I don't know what it's like to have your family/people in your culture beaten/raped/sold off in sections/forced to work ridiculous hours/be denied proper nutrition/the whole cycle day-in-day-out until you die. And when you write all that out, suddenly I can see why it's a touchy subject lol. Although part of me feels that we overcompensate now as a way of apology for what happened, but I could be wrong.

I think part of the problem is that we have happily deluded ourselves that since slavery no longer exists and people can intermarry, the world is now suddenly fair and equal. People think we no longer need feminism, which HECK YES WE DO! The statistics show that people still turn a blind eye to stuff if it doesn't happen to an adorable blond white girl, or better, an adorable blonde boy. Women statistically will have to spend more in her life (not due to petty things, but actual medical/personal needs) than men by the time they die. The world is far from sunshine and roses..I'm not saying we need to go crazy, but to passively assume the world is still fine is what has gotten us and KEPT us in the mess we are in now.

I was so excited for this season to cheer. We had a pretty bad coach last year, and we finally got a new one this year who was supposively great. She hates me for no reason, moved me from the first row to the 4th in sidelines... I really just want to quit. I'm being treated so unfairly. I asked her today when she thought I would get moved back up because I've been going home every night and practicing my cheers and all the dances for 2+ hours and she said she can't move me back because she already gave another girl my spot and she can't take it away from her... But that's exactly what she did to me... Its my 3rd year on the team and I'm in the very back of sidelines with freshmen... It hurts me. I try so hard and get nothing in return. Maybe one day my hard work will pay off but right now I feel like I'm just wasting time...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

For all you Mean Girls fans (;
6cce5554-c6be-c9e2.jpg

are bounding passes from RUNNING tumbling legal in 4?

my tumbling parter and I both have biiig problems with backhandsprings. They hurt us both pretty bad. We were thinking about having a level 4 pass with the least amount of hands down possible.

Like, front through, roundoff whip lay. Legal?

I know you can't bound in standing tumbling but i've been looking all day for the running rules on bounding passes.

are bounding passes from RUNNING tumbling legal in 4?

my tumbling parter and I both have biiig problems with backhandsprings. They hurt us both pretty bad. We were thinking about having a level 4 pass with the least amount of hands down possible.

Like, front through, roundoff whip lay. Legal?

I know you can't bound in standing tumbling but i've been looking all day for the running rules on bounding passes.

Unless the rules changed this season, I am pretty sure you can.
If not, doing pf roundoff whip spring layout? Is that possible for you guys?

Back