OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
LOL my professor really would spew words at me again (mostly some more not so nice ones), but too bad my project is designing a package for a wine bottling company :( I can't even drink wine even though I'm 21 cause I'm allergic to grapes so this project is just so annoying to me, lol.

Shark would add to a great name for a wine.

Shark Tooth, Shark Fin, Shark Bite

I'd buy it

so today at practice my flyer for baskets started to work on kick doubles just for fun (since our kick full is always super duper high)-and she got it on like the third try! :) and that is my proud backspot moment of the evening

Ok, I need a ridiculously unnecessary whining moment:

I hate my new apt. Hate hate hate hate it. My room is small (7'x 9'), I don't like the area as much as everybody convinced me I would (I like being 'in the action' a bit more than I realized). I don't know my roommates super well, and while we chatted on facebook and seemed like we'd get on well, I suddenly feel like we'll just be tolerating each other. The other two have been rooming together before, and while they originally invited me in on the first place we 'had' (and then lost out on), I kinda feel like I could have found a better second place if it was just two people instead of three. There's no room for any of my stuff here (they already have all their own pots, pans, and dishware taking up the VERY little kitchen space), so I'm having a hard time feeling like it's going to be 'home' for me. They suck at choosing brokers and did very little research until last minute. They were desperate to choose a place because their lease was up..we paid a pretty high brokers fee for an apt we couldn't even move into right away (they were 'renovating'- aka maybe my room got some cheapo stick-on 'tile' down and they plastered some small wall spots). I was SPOILED by my dorm last year- it was right off 3 main subway lines (6 total train lines), I had just enough space for some of my basic pots/pans/dishes, it was active but still kinda quieter on weekends/evenings, and I was near parks and TONS of awesome little Italian places/Irish pubs. I get that most people don't love their 1st place, but I feel so resentful- I was living at home when they were doing apt searching, and I couldn't get down here to help, so I can't avoid 'the grass is greener' feelings. My dad's coming up Sat with the rest of my stuff and to help me pick out a few small things...I'm hoping I can learn to at least be moderately happy here- I'm having a hard time so far :( Plus, the job I was going for hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm sitting waiting for them to get in touch with me to see if they even still want me there! I had this huge load off thinking I had a job set up, and now I'm afraid I'll have to start looking again..

Rant and whine over. lol

Battle...Battle...Battle...BATTLE!!!!
Battle is next weekend. This season is moving fast. I feel like if I blink too slow then i might miss Cheersport and NCA.
The preperation for this season is killing me but in time everything will pay off.

@kristenthegreat I hope everything works out for you! I'm really nervous because soon enough it will be my time to leave home. I'm sure you'll make the best of the situation. Good luck with your living arrangements and your job!

@kristenthegreat I hope everything works out for you! I'm really nervous because soon enough it will be my time to leave home. I'm sure you'll make the best of the situation. Good luck with your living arrangements and your job!
When I first moved to NYC, I was miserable. If only because I wasn't used to living in a city and because it was new and my school didn't have a lot of the 'traditional college' stuff to help people bind together. I've been fine ever since, but maybe it's because I've been home for so long that I'm just so..meh. haha

My advice: DO YOUR RESEARCH. Seriously, if my roommates took 30 seconds to check out reviews for these brokers online, we wouldn't have had HALF the issues we did. And get everything in writing.

Back