High School 16-17 Nfhs Rules Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

While we're on the subject of rules, one I've always wondered about is spring floors. Both sets of rules state it is illegal to compete or perform on spring floors. I don't understand how the EP's choose to overlook that rule but not the others, especially since most EP's are varsity and varsity is the one making the rule. Technically if a team competes on a spring floor and a girl gets injured, the coach could be sued for negligence. Since the rules clearly state no spring floors for competition or performance then there is no way that coach could win a lawsuit. Do coaches with spring floor teams just not realize this or do they not care?

I've noticed the rules have changed to allow spring floors at practice, where they used to say no there too. Maybe we're on our way to seeing the approval of spring for schools? Or maybe they just realized how hard a dead floor can be on your body 5 days a week.

One of our local middle schools registers ever year for a Jambrands competition and every year they come to her and tell her they cannot provide a non-spring floor. I don't see how they feel justified telling a coach she is going to have to compete in an environment that puts them all in legal hot water. She backs out of it every year.

One of our local middle schools registers ever year for a Jambrands competition and every year they come to her and tell her they cannot provide a non-spring floor. I don't see how they feel justified telling a coach she is going to have to compete in an environment that puts them all in legal hot water. She backs out of it every year.
Our local jam brand comps offer dead floor divisions for schools. There is usually a team or two max registered in that division. While the spring floor school division could be 12 teams deep. I don't know why they offer both in the first place seeing as that it's against the rules for schools to be on spring. I will say though, the few times we have competed jam brands the rep has always asked which surface we would like to compete on.

Why does she keep registering?

That makes zero sense. Paying that money every year to compete against yourself?

That's why she backs out of the competition/waits til the last minute. She only uses it as a warm up before their UCA qualifier, so if they aren't going to be able to put someone on the floor against her, she just doesn't do it.

That's why she backs out of the competition/waits til the last minute. She only uses it as a warm up before their UCA qualifier, so if they aren't going to be able to put someone on the floor against her, she just doesn't do it.
I respect that. Too many coaches are title chasers and will go to any competition that guarantees them a "regional" or "national" title.

Back