All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The rhinestones are stuck to the sticker not the skin. So that could be part of the uniform right????

I want to say yes, BUT thats a tricky question i dont think it is... Ask Les to get the for correct answer.

I want to say no, I think that would definitely violate the spirit of the rule. However, that is a question better answered by Les.

I want to say that I can live with rhinestones physically sewn to a uniform (only because that battle was over years ago) but anything "stuck" anywhere should not be allowed.

I want to say that I can live with rhinestones physically sewn to a uniform (only because that battle was over years ago) but anything "stuck" anywhere should not be allowed.

:( I hope we are allowed to keep them. They are beautiful and so easy!!! It is so much more uniform than the messy glitter. I guess they can make stickers with out the rhinestones!

:( I hope we are allowed to keep them. They are beautiful and so easy!!! It is so much more uniform than the messy glitter. I guess they can make stickers with out the rhinestones!

Didn't say they weren't allowed, just that they should not be. Frankly, I would like to get rid of the glitter as well.

Don't mind it being a "show" but I've never been a fan of most of the extra's.

I'm in the minority.

But they already do assisted tumbling and it is considered a stunt. This was just a clarification, not a new rule. Assisted tumbling is just a stunt transition, and as long as it is legal in your level, you can do it.

I have yet another, rather specific question. If spotted tumbling is counted as a stunt are the spotters the bracers/bases?
Example: If an athlete in L4 receives a spot on a back tuck, this would be considered legal under L4
Stunt – Inversions.

L4 Inversions says that:
2. Downward inversions are allowed at prep level or below and must be assisted by at least three bases, at least
two of which are positioned to protect the head and shoulder area and 3. Downward inversions must maintain contact with an original base.

Does this mean three people have to spot it to make it legal? Is this even considered a downward inversion?

A spotted back tuck would not be considered a downward inversion and would be allowed in Level 4 as long as the spot maintained contact with the top person the entire time the top person was off the ground.

I'm going to give you my take on it, but I would say consult @Andre or @RulesGuy for a more definitive answer:

A level 3 team can do a TRUE tick tock at prep level or a SWITCH UP or BALL UP to prep level.

In level 3, tick tock that ends in an extended position MUST have the backspot holding the entire time.

In level 4, the tick tock rule is the same- must be held by the backspot- so, it's physically impossible to do high to high or anything other than lib to stretch low to high under those guidelines. So yes, that is not a distinction between level 3 and 4, as I am reading it.

In level 4, you can do a switch up, ball up, etc to extended position, which is the only real difference between level 3 and 4 non-twisting release moves.

Also, to add something that confuses me... in Level 4, we're saying fullup to two feet only- except a platform... which is one foot, so that seems ridiculous to me. If it's two feet, make it limited to extension and awesome.

Overall though, I like the changes... it has my choreography gears turning pretty quickly:)

A Level 3 team cannot do a true prep level tick tock because it does not start below prep level. (Stunts J3 - Release moves must start below prep level and must be caught at prep level or below.)

A tick tock that ends in extended position must have a base or spot hold on to it the entire time in Level 3.

A tick tock that ends in an extended position must have a base, spot, or pyramid brace hold on the entire time in Level 4.

A low to high tick tock is not allowed in Level 4 because it ends in extended position, but doesn't start at ground level.

In Level 4 you can do a switch up to extended position. A ball up will depend on how you do it. I normally teach ball ups from smoosh, which would be illegal. If they start with one foot in and the other on the ground and ball up on the way up, they would be legal.

I want to see the glossary definition of platform position. I am guessing it's going to end up including cupies/awesomes and anything that doesn't show clear separation between the feet.

Right. The first part says over or under and has multiple people.

If they changed the wording it would have to be no stunt or pyramid may move over or under another separate stunt or pyramid or under an individual. An individual may move under a stunt or pyramid but not over.

An individual may not move under a separate stunt or pyramid.

A Level 3 team cannot do a true prep level tick tock because it does not start below prep level. (Stunts J3 - Release moves must start below prep level and must be caught at prep level or below.)

A tick tock that ends in extended position must have a base or spot hold on to it the entire time in Level 3, even if part of a pyramid.

A tick tock that ends in an extended position must have a base, spot, or pyramid brace hold on the entire time in Level 4.

A low to high tick tock is not allowed in Level 4 because it ends in extended position, but doesn't start at ground level.

In Level 4 you can do a switch up to extended position. A ball up will depend on how you do it. I normally teach ball ups from smoosh, which would be illegal. If they start with one foot in and the other on the ground and ball up on the way up, they would be legal.

I want to see the glossary definition of platform position. I am guessing it's going to end up including cupies/awesomes and anything that doesn't show clear separation between the feet.

How will one define a clear separation? I know in our gym we teach if the feet are not touching it is not a platform, it is a close extension (for technique standards)

so can you or can you not do a ball up to extension (2 feet) in level 4?

Anyways, i'm feeling bad for the level 4 teams that can stunt better than level 5 teams.

You can do ball ups to extended position in Level 4 if you start with 1 foot on the ground. You cannot do them from smoosh.

Myself and @NJcoach were discussing this today, and the "originates from the ground" aspect is confusing. We are both in agreeance that a ballup starts at a sponge, which isn't the "ground" but should still be considered legal under these rules. Can @Andre or @RulesGuy clarify? :)

From smoosh would not be from the ground.

Les said their are no longer restrictions on rhinestones. They can be adhered to a uniform or skin, even with a sticker in between.

Back