All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

#12. is confusing me. do they mean at competitions that dont have spotters (which is pretty much everywhere but worlds) they're talking about spotters/stunts right not tumbling?!?!

This has been in the rules for the past few cycles. It's basically in place so that a team missing a required backspot can not argue "But NCA has a spotter there! That extension did have a spotter." One of those rules we take for granted when you actually have common sense. :)

Just kidding. What it reads to me is that it has to start below prep, and land in prep. So switch ups to prep level stretches are legal. But switch ups to extended braced on one side, are legal.

Just kidding. What it reads to me is that it has to start below prep, and land in prep. So switch ups to prep level stretches are legal. But switch ups to extended braced on one side, are legal.

No, it's the same as it read in L4 last year so tic toc away! :)

Release moves must start below prep level and must be caught at prep level or below. Release
moves may not pass above extended arm level.

So you can do baby 360 ball ups at level 3 as long as they don't pass through the extended position? You can really creative with that if you have very tall bases and a small flyer....
Glad to see everyone is getting on board with making level 6 and ICU rules consistent!
Still muddling through the rest...hopefully someone can post a dumbed down version for us cheer parents!

So you can do baby 360 ball ups at level 3 as long as they don't pass through the extended position? You can really creative with that if you have very tall bases and a small flyer....
Glad to see everyone is getting on board with making level 6 and ICU rules consistent!
Still muddling through the rest...hopefully someone can post a dumbed down version for us cheer parents!
Not just for the cheer parents, I could use it too!! :)

What I want to know is this...Who is the reason for rule H under tosses? (Only one top person allowed.) Someone must have done it for this to now be a rule. I just want to see the video! :rolleyes:

Assisted tumbling...can we please get half a team to spot the other half on their tucks.

This is crazy to me. Am I reading it wrong?

As Les explained this past weekend any assisted tumbling would count as a STUNT and would not be part of their tumbling score. So if you had half the team spot the other half on standing tucks your total standing tumbling score would be ZERO.

There are many NEGATIVE reprocussions for using assisted tumbling in your tumbling section.

The reason this rule was taken out is to ensure teams using creative choreography with one member flipping another or doing other show-ey moves would not incur deductions for assisted tumbling when that was not the intent of the maneuver.

As Les explained this past weekend any assisted tumbling would count as a STUNT and would not be part of their tumbling score. So if you had half the team spot the other half on standing tucks your total standing tumbling score would be ZERO.

There are many NEGATIVE reprocussions for using assisted tumbling in your tumbling section.

The reason this rule was taken out is to ensure teams using creative choreography with one member flipping another or doing other show-ey moves would not incur deductions for assisted tumbling when that was not the intent of the maneuver.

then perhaps it should be reworded and put in the stunts section and not the tumbling section of the rules?

Back