All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

the rhinestones rules might be so Top Gun doesnt do an ALL Rhinstoned and glue uniform for this upcoming season!?:p
I'm thinking we can expect something along the lines of Britney Spears' Toxic Video
thbritney_spears_toxic.jpg

What I want to know is this...Who is the reason for rule H under tosses? (Only one top person allowed.) Someone must have done it for this to now be a rule. I just want to see the video! :rolleyes:
hahahaha I was thinking the same thing!!

F. Top persons in separate basket tosses may not come in contact with each other.
G. Only a single top person is allowed during a basket toss.

as this even been done? just curious.

F. Top persons in separate basket tosses may not come in contact with each other.
G. Only a single top person is allowed during a basket toss.

as this even been done? just curious.

Yes to basket tops intentionally coming in contact with each other.

Release moves must start below prep level and must be caught at prep level or below. Release
moves may not pass above extended arm level.

Thank you! For whatever reason, my excited eyes are glazing over and my brain is confused by the contradiction in #1 & #3. Fun fun fun!

Please tell me the app will be updated soon as I use it a crazy amount when I'm not in the gym but think of something and have to check the legality right away!

I thought about straight rides that high fived for a minute a couple years ago. I really worked through the logistics... it would have sucked to learn it.

Ok - I put up the post - went to dinner with my family and came back to some crazy questions and statements on here. I have gathered them and will try to answer as many as possible before it's time to put the boys to bed.

"When will the iPhone App be updated?" It won't. The app has been nothing but trouble since it was created. Friends don't let friends use the USASF iphone app. (That's an old saying, some of you might get it.)

"Rhinestones on uniforms?" Read carefully. Nowhere does it say rhinestones are illegal. To the contrary, rhinestones on the uniform AND the skin are both now legal. Whenever we strike through an "old" rule, we leave it on the document for a year with a strike through, to show everyone the changes that have been made.

"Assisted tumbling?" With all of the creative choreography from so many great coaches, the line between assisted tumbling and stunt inversions was completely blurred. We decided to open the door for this type of creativity by eliminating "assisted tumbling" rules and viewing it all under stunt inversions. In no way are we suggesting to have your team spot each other in tumbling. As a matter of fact, we went to great lengths to tell you that you will probably receive a poor score if you try this. "Then perhaps it should be reworded and put in the stunts section and not the tumbling section of the rules?" It is - it's called inversions. There is no rule under tumbling for this. Read it again and you will realize their is only an old rule that has been stricken (with an explanation of why it has been stricken).

"Tic tocs are now legal in Level 3!?" Only if you start them below prep level and catch them at or below prep level. Remember, last year no release moves were allowed in L3 (other than barrel rolls). We have opened up the door to quite a bit of new choreography in many levels. Although, L4 has been pulled back a little to separate it from L5 stunts. But this was voted on by you the coaches.

Hope this helps,
Les

Is a watch technically legal? It isn't jewelry and listed.

Back